Dress up!
We decided to have a tea party. I told the boys they could only come if they were dressed for a tea party, which meant no cake balls for them if they didn't. Hee hee. I didn't specify what they had to wear, just that they were dressed for the tea party. :)
pinky out...
even Tiny came to the tea party, she dressed up as a cupcake....
playing littlest pet shop is so much more fun when we make a fort out of chairs and sheets to play in....
Starla finally made it outside to play for a bit....
Right before dinner, I was eating some tortilla chips (this is what I get for snacking while I am cooking....) I broke off one of my fake teeth. The top tooth that is right in alignment with my lip ring. I bit my lip ring and broke off like 7 years ago. They just used what was left of that tooth and built up a fake tooth on top of it. It broke off, leaving the tiniest bit of real tooth behind. No fun. So thursday I was going to have to make a trip to the dentist....
that evening we played Disney's Scene it, which was alot of fun. Roman won, he was very excited. We've played it a couple times during this snow week!
Thursday I took the kids to my parents and went to the dentist, thinking they would just cement the partial tooth back on, like they have done in the past when it broke off (this is the 2nd time, Starla was 1 when it happened last time). But the dentist said there really wasn't enough left of my real tooth to attach it too, so even though he could do that, it would probably just come off again, so he suggested that they pull the tooth and add a fake one onto the retainer I have with another fake tooth. They want to do a bridge, which is what the dentists have been telling me for over 10 years, but a bridge will cost me $3200-4500 depending on what they end up having to do and how many teeth they decide to add in to it, which they won't know until they start doing it. So it is just going to have to wait until I have dental insurance at least. (and honestly, if I had that kind of money I would go to Disney world instead of fixing me teeth, yes totally irresponsible, lol) As it is, pulling this tooth and adding it to my retainer was costing me $470. Ouch. Double ouch due to the pain, lol. It was no fun getting that tooth pulled, and then they had to send off my retainer, so I was without both of my teeth until late friday afternoon. Roman kindly told me I looked like a hobo. I think he meant hillbilly. :)
Thursday went by in a haze of loritab.....the kids played video games and watched movies all day.... :)
Friday morning when we got up, and Roman went outside to feed and water the dogs (who have been living in the shed out back during this snow) he discovered that Bonita had her puppies. We had no clue she was the close to delivering, or else we would have put her in the garage. Unfortunately, she had 9 puppies and all but 1 was dead when we discovered them. It was sooo sad, they were so tiny and so cute, and dead. :( She kept licking them and moving them around, she had no idea they weren't alive.I don't know if they froze to death, or she smashed them laying on them, or if they were born dead, I have no idea. But I wish we would have had her in the garage so we could have given them a better chance. I had to call my dad to help me get her in the garage. Our gates were snowed shut, we had to hop the fence to get back there, and there was no way I was getting her over the fence. He came and shoveled out our gate and helped me move her to the garage. She didn't want to leave the puppies, she wasn't very cooperative. I got the surviving puppy to latch on once we got her settled, but every time I got her latched, Bonita shoved the baby off! I had to hold Bonita's head while the puppy nursed. Alan named the puppy Snowball, it's a girl. Bonita snuggles the baby, constantly licks the baby, and seems to take care of her in every other way, but just won't let her nurse. Alan & I have been helping her, holding Bonita while it nurses several times a day. Bonita doesn't like to leave the puppy to go out and use the bathroom, and she gets really anxious when I pick it up, so she likes the thing. I don't know why she won't let it eat. Once when I was sitting with Bonita and I picked up the puppy, she grabbed it from me and put it back down. She's possesive. But yet, not enough to feed the thing! Actually she could be feeding it while we aren't around, but for whatever reason while we are around she shoves the baby off of her when it latches on. Weird.
Bonita also isn't eating. Her or Tex, for a while now, just aren't eating their food. I even switched to better food and started mixing it with a can of wet food, but they still aren't interested. I can only get Bonita to drink milk, she doesn't even touch her water. It's strange. But I guess if they are starving they will eat, it's there for them, they just won't eat it.
I wanted to better use my time off, have a productive around the house day and a fun project day for me doing things I wanted to do, but I lost 2 days to being drugged up and my mouth hurting, and taking care of Bonita and the puppy. Darn it.
The Pioneer Woman was in OKC doing a book signing for her new book, which she wrote about meeting her husband, falling in love and the first year of their marriage. I really wanted to go, and buy the book and meet her, but it didn't happen. We really didn't have the money for me to go. But I am hoping to catch her in Norman on March 4th.
Today the 40 degree weather melted the snow enough to finally make a snowman! So we spent some time outside playing this afternoon.
Starla traded hats with the snowman....
hot chocolate to warm us up!
mmm.....
Speaking of hot chocolate, have you seen those Keurig machines? They make a single cup of coffee or tea or hot chocolate. I'm SUPER excited that my mother-in-law said she would get us one in the near future, and I can't wait! I have a feeling I will get the most use out of it.... :)

No comments:
Post a Comment