CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 18, 2011

Our Valentine's Day

This was the 3rd year I had a valentine's Scavenger hunt for the boys, but this was the first year that Starla got to do one too.

But she only had 3 "clues", and they were pictures of where she should look......
(no, I am not an artist, lol)



And once she went to that place, she found a treat and another clue.










She's all about spongebob these days.





The boys each had 6 clues that lead them around the house, sometimes they found a little box of conversations hearts, or thier homemade card from me, or a little box of chocolates along the way, until they found their "big" gift.



Some clues led them to a particular book on the bookshelf, or a movie....
















Valentine's breakfast; chocolate chip heart shaped pancakes with whipped cream and chocolate covered strawberries (yes, I managed to skip that and have a 4 point serving of oatmeal instead....)









When I left to take the boys to school, look what I found in the seat of my car. :)
I LOVE it! I have this thing for keys, I love old antique looking keys. Now I have an awesome one to wear! :)





After the gym and shower, Starla & I went to go meet Melissa, Phoenix, & Lori for lunch at Applebee's. Lori is so sweet, she took us all out as a Valentine's treat.


My valentines outfit, with my pretty new necklace!





Since I had new bling to wear, I broke out my "fancy" shoes too. And painted my toenails, for the first time of the season... :)





Lori gave Starla a valentine snake.... :)





Phoenix gave all of us flowers, including Starla. :) Also notice the pretty lipstick. a first for her. :)




I was good and had an 8 point special weight watchers meal which was under 550 calories. :)








I love my friends!








So after we left the ladies from lunch, and were driving away, Starla said "Shouldn't we get some special valentine cupcakes for dessert?" ahhh, a girl after my own heart. I have trained her well. :)

So we stopped at Cuppies-n-Joe (yep, all that self-control and eating well today was blown with probably a 10 point cupcake, lol)




It was a hard choice but we both got the "all that razz" cupcake, which was a chocolate cupcake with a truffle center with a raspberry creamcheese frosting. mmmmm.....




Cuppies-n-Joe has such a laid back, hip, urban atmosphere, with couches and mismatched chairs and tables, and art on the walls. COMPLETELY different than the atmosphere at Pinkitzle, yet I love them both. (and at Pinkitzle, the cost of one cupcakes is $3.95, and at Cuppies it is $2. You gotta pay extra for all those ribbons and bows and flash at Pinkitzle!)










I also bought a salted caramel one to take home with me, but if you read my other blogs you know I gave it to Alan....

For dinner that night I made steaks with sauted mushrooms, garlic butter shrimp, spaghetti squash, beer bread and baked potatoes, and heart shaped borwnies (nope, I didn't eat one!) and my grandma came over to eat with us. For some reason I didn't take any pictures.

And so there aren't any of Alan either!

All in all, it was a wonderful Valentine's Day!!

No comments: