CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, November 28, 2009

Thanksgiving

The day before Thanksgiving we went to The North Pole City, but that will be another blog so that this one isn't too much of a novel, lol.

I always try to make the pies and desserts the day before as well, so that's what we did. Bourbon's buddy Stewie (really Stuart, but he goes by Stew, and I call him Stewie) from down the street spent the night with us the night before and then spent the whole day with us, so he got to help. First we made the turkey sugar cookies.











Then it was pie time!

Last year each boy made a pie, which is what I had planned for this year, but Bourbon was too busy playing with Stew and didn't want to join in on the pie making fun. So Roman just helped me make both pies. Starla came to check out what we were doing every now and again, and helped stir once or twice, but she wasn't too interested in the process!





Pumpkin chocolate swirl pie and Chocolate Bourbon pecan pie. Yum! (I made Bourbon sweet potatoes too. I like to put a little Bourbon into everything, hee hee)



Bourbon had gone to his dad's wednesday night to do Thanksgiving lunch with his family, and then came back at about 3pm on Thanksgiving. Thanksgiving morning was a peaceful and lazy time of watching the parade! Which was nice! We didn't have our Thanksgiving meal until 5pm. So I started cooking at 3pm. My parents brought the turkey, so I didn't have to spend all that time cooking that! So it was a rather relaxing day, which it usually isnt!

Jamie ended up having too much painting to do with her move and didn't get to come, and my friend Lori was swamped and behind on her student teaching stuff, so she didn't come, so it was just my parents and us. But it was a wonderful Thanksgiving meal.


Can you tell Starla had just gotten up from her nap, her eyes are all swollen! EVen though I put her to bed at her normal nap time of 1pm, she actually didn't go to sleep until about 3pm, so we got her up at 5pm to eat dinner, and she was CRANKY! She was mad!!








Then the kids stayed the night with my mom so I could do my Black friday shopping. Jamie was in the process of moving out of her apartment, and just stayed up all night to join me as my line holder, which of course cuts my time at each store in half! She's awesome. We went to Toys-r-us at 4am, was out of there at a few minutes after 5am, then hit up Wal-mart. We were in there from 5:30-7:30, the entire time Jamie was in line! It was crazy there, much worse than toys-r-us (of course toys-r-us opened at midnight, so we missed most of the chaos there!), then we made a quick pit stop at my house, then went to Target and we were there until about 9am or so, then went to Panera Bread for breakfast. I went home and wrapped presents non-stop from 11am-2pm!!! But I am just about done with all my christmas shopping and wrapping, so it was worth it. :)


It's my tradition to put up the tree and decorations the day after Thanksgiving. The kids get so excited with each ornament that I unwrap from newspaper, hoping it's their turn when I am handing out their favorite ones. Last year, we did it when Starla took a nap, she went to sleep and woke up and it was done! So this year was the first real year she got to help. Now we shall see how hard it will be to keep her hands off the ornaments and presents.....










No comments: