CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 29, 2009

Ornaments & traditions





I love christmas ornaments. I can just sit and stare at our tree for hours, looking at each ornament, thinking about the story it might have behind it, or thinking of a memory it is linked to. We have such a wonderful collection of ornaments. Alan has one from his grandfather with a picture of the Alamo on it that is dated 1978. I have ones that I grew up with. The kids add one each year that they hand pick out, and then there are the homemade ones. I can't decide which are my favorite....


the ornaments from my childood that my mom let me take with me when I grew up and moved out....




our favorite characters all over the tree, everything from Strawberry Shortcake, Star Wars, Dora, and Bevo the Texas Longhorns Mascot, and everything in between!








the kids' homemade ornaments, I still have ones that the boys made in preschool!




my picture frame ornaments, I have one for every year since the kids have been alive, they decorate the tree like a 3D scrapbook of the kids growing up.




our family ornaments.....




The kids "baby's 1st Christmas" ornaments....



I love them all!!









My mom always had Christmas stuffed animals and toys that stayed under the tree during the Christmas season, and I guess I just took that tradition and kept it as my own. I always have our Christmas animals under the tree. I buy the yearly one that wal-mart puts out with the date on it to add each year, and then I get other odds and ends like Frosty and the Grinch here and there as the years go by. I have quite a collection now! They also deter the kids from snooping into the presents, since they all sit on the gifts and I would notice if they moved them. :)









No comments: