CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, November 8, 2009

Early Birds

Saturday morning I went to the first meeting in the new program, called "Early Birds" that I enrolled Starla into. We did the "Parents as Teachers" program which is from 0-3yrs, which helps kids get ready for school. And now this program started from that same group, which gives free resources and instruction on how to prepare your child for school. It looks like it is going to be just as wonderful of a program as PAT. The first meeting was 1 1/2 hours long, and we went over all of the stuff that they gave us, and what kinds of things we can do with our 3 year olds (we were all in different rooms depending on how old our children were, I think it goes from 2-5yrs).

They gave me this backpack!





Full of al this great stuff! Scribble pad & colored pencils, a wonderful book about opposites, learning toys and more!





Binder full of great information, songs, games and resources! And the twinkle twinkle little star poem and a dry erase marker, to help them pick out letters, associate reading with words, etc.





Giant ABC floor puzzle, which also has a coloring side on the back!





wooden beads to count, sort and string!



What a great resource, and it's all free!

I know the chapter that I am in is just for Mid-del district, but they have a website

www.smartstartcentraloklahoma.org

so maybe they have other districts who offer it as well! It's awesome, so check it out!

No comments: