This year it was The Unity Tree, about a town of cats and a town of dogs who of course, don't like eachother. Roman is the new puppy in town, and his girlfriend since 1st grade (long time relationship in elementary school years!) Echo was the new kitten in the other town and they decide to play together much to their towns dismay.
Check out all the different cute costumes. I felt like the flakey parent. He brought home the letter saying he needed a dog outfit like a month before the play, and of course I just tossed it aside knowing I had time to take care of it later. And of course like 2 days before the play I remembered he needed it. The letter said he could have any color sweat pants and shirt, so I thought no big deal, that's what I bought 2 nights before. I couldn't find brown or white, so grey had to do. And Bourbon has his play a couple months ago, and had a dog in his play and said the music teacher already had a dog ears and tail set, so I just had Roman ask her if he could use it, I didn't realize it was black. And she didn't have a tail, so Roman took off his sock and pinned it to him as a tail. Lol. I also had no idea the play was full of dogs and cats, all I knew was the play was called Thye Unity Tree and that he was a dog.I did think it was odd Target only had blue and grey sweats and they even looked picked over, but after seeing the whole 3rd grade in the play, I realized I wasn't the only parent searching for sweats the week of the play. So the music teacher probably didn't want to loan one kid dog ears and not for others, but what are ya gonna do? Some of those cute, hand sewn and created costumes definitely put us to shame, lol. But at least the one other star of the show, Echo, was dressed almost exactly like him, as a kitten though. Pure coincidence, but maybe it looked like it was meant to be that way,......

No comments:
Post a Comment