Anyway, so the OKC Museum of Art offers one day classes in a variety of things. So Jamie & I signed up for the Altered Books class for today from 1-4pm. After the hectic week, the birthday party and the sleepover, I really needed some time to be creative away from kids!! :)
And this project was right up my alley. Most of you know that I have such alove for books. I am quite addicted to books, I own well over a thousand. As an avid reader, and a writer, books have always been a love of mine. So this project you take an old book, and pretty much destroy it in order to create a work of art. You tear out pages to make more room, you glue pages together and add different elements of art to them, whatever tickles your fancy.
I am one of those people that can just take off running with this sort of thing, I don't plan anything out, I just start throwing stuff together and see how it turns out. I can never lay stuff out and plan and try to figure it out, it's just not in my nature. I just start putting stuff together!! So for 3 hours I had a blast!! Plus I got to spend quality time with my bestest friend. :)
Yeah!
It's not even half way done yet, I'm not even sure I'm done with the cover!! Then I gotta go in and do the inside of the book. I glued lots of pages together, to make them thicker, and to give them a foundation to build upon, then I will build several sets in it like the cover is. Then when it is all done it will stand up somewhere and be a work of art to look through! So excited about working on it!
Stayt tuned, as I make progress on it, I will have to share! :)
Next I get to take a mosaic christmas ornaments class in Dec. I can't wait!

No comments:
Post a Comment