So busy busy week, as always. Roman started violin lessons yesterday, Bourbon started piano today. Tomorrow is Roman's 3rd grade play, and of course I have to bake all the peices of his cake tomorrow to decorate friday night. And I have to make lego cookies friday night, and wrap presents, finish making decorations, etc. The cake is going to look like a bunch of legos, and a lego man. Wish me luck!! Saturday morning we go to Starla's first "ready to learn" meeting, the next step up from her Parents As Teachers stuff, since that only goes to age 3. So we will be there from 10a-11:30,m at which point we will swing by the house and grab all of the birthday stuff (and hope Alan gets off of work in time!) to get into the room we rented by noon, to start the party at 1pm. Outta there by 5pm, back to the house with at least 3 extra kids in tow who will be staying the night with Roman. Next morning they are out the door by 11am, then I am off to a art class from 1-4pm at the OKC Art Museum with Jamie. The somehow I gotta fit in grocery shopping and making a chocolate peanut butte pie for Bourbon to take to class on Monday for "pie day". And none of this includes the fact that I am still teaching my unit and writing all of my own assignments and such, barely keeping a day ahead of myself in the process!!! AND it's National Novel Writing Month!! In order to meet the goal of 50,000 words written in a month, you gotta write about 1667 a day. I am on day 4 and only up to 4300 words, so I am missing the mark a bit, lol. But at least I haven't given up yet! Mostly I've been writing during recess and specials (P.E & Music, they get 30 mins a day, alternating between the two!), but I can only do that if I rush around like a crazy person and get all the grading and prep work for the day done before that time!!
My life is crazy. But I'm not sure I would have it any other way really.
Another exciting note, when I came up to my principal today to get her signature on my friday newsletter (she has to sign off on all outgoing stuff), she said "I sure do wish I had an opening for you." and I said I wasn't really looking to start work until August, so if she had one between now and then, to just let me know, and she said "I will, don't be too hasty in signing a contract with anyone else, in case I can get you a spot!" :) Which of course is a great feeling.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment