CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 13, 2009

Graduation day!

So it's been a LONG journey, but I am finally a college graduate. Well, I graduated from Rose State in 2006, but now I am a REAL college graduate, lol. I took my first college classes at the age of 18, and now at the age of 31 I am finally done, lol. I added up the amount of semesters that I have gone to school (some of them only one or two classes a semester though) and there were 15 semesters. So 7 1/2 years, lol for a 4 year teaching degree completed over the course of 13 years. Sigh. But I am done!! Woo hoo! It may have taken me a while, but I did it. And I am soooo happy to be done!! I attended UCO from January 2007 until Dec 2009, so at least that part didn't take me too long. :)


Lori, me and Chante getting ready for the big moment!



Lori & I. We have managed to be in at least one class every semester for the past 2 years, and I am so glad. She is such an amazing woman, and I am so lucky to be able to call her my friend! I've always been a bit sad that I didn't have an 'old college buddy'. You know, people that went to college when they were supposed to, and by my age have had friends from college for the last decade, lol, and refer to them as 'my old college friend'. I realized that Lori is my college friend!! I'm so excited to now have a college friend, and I am quite certian that we will be friends for the next decade if not more. :)







Not a great quality pic, but here I am walking across the stage!



Me in front of Old North at UCO, it's such a pretty building!!





Family pics! My parents and In-laws came to watch me graduate.










My proud parents



We had a wonderful lunch at BJ's Brewhouse.











For years people have told me Bourbon favors my dad, but I have never really seen it, until this picture......



Now I get a break until I will (hopefully) be employed in August 2010! Yeah!

No comments: