CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 27, 2009

Christmas day

It's finally here! Christmas morning!!

Santa brought Starla a bike!
"Now I can ride my bike to school like the boys do!" she says. :)






Emptying the stockings





tearing into the gift from Santa






Roman kept saying how he wanted Santa to bring him a PSP (playstation portable) in his stocking, so that technically it would just be a stocking stuffer and not THE gift Santa brings. I said he shouldn't hold his breath, because that was one expensive stocking stuffer. However Santa is much nicer than I, because Roman got a PSP inside his stocking......

And Santa brought both the boys awesome new scooters (Santa, like myself, thinks the kids need to get outside and play more!!)




"wow, is all this for me?!" (Have I mentioned that my kids are spoiled, and that I tend to go overboard buying gifts?)





We take turns opening gifts, one by one, youngest to oldest, so we can all see what everyone gets. It takes a while, but it stretches it out and makes it last longer! :)






Bourbon picked out this hat for Roman and bought it with his own money. Roman LOVES it.









I have been asking for this cookie jar from Alan for every birthday, christmas, mother's day, etc for the last several years, lol. I wanted the kids to paint one and put their handprints on it. So this year, I took matters into my own hands and we went to the paint it yourself pottery place and I painted it and had the kids put their handprints on it. :) My friend Lori picked it up after it was fired, and wrapped it up so that I at least wouldn't know what it looked like when it was all done. It was exactly what I wanted! :)













The boys' big gift this year were gifts together for the both of them. Bourbon's drum kit for his rock band on the Wii broke, so we found them a new Rock Band set and a new guitar hero set for the Xbox instead.




Time to find the pickle! We always hide the pickle ornament, and the one who finds it gets an extra gift!





This was the first year Starla actually looked for the pickle, although she wouldn't have been too happy with the prize since I only picked it out with the boys in mind......





Bourbon found it! He gets the extra pickle present!





Just what they needed, another video game. :)






It's so nice that the kids are old enough to take decent pics now, lol, so Alan and I can actually be in a picture together sometimes. :)




and we have our annual Loot pictures. Each year I load each kid up on the couch with all of their presents (or as many of them as I can round up, it gets hard when we open gifts for like a week, with different family members & friends on different days, so there are always things missing from the loot pic, which just goes to show how spoiled my kids are.......)













And of course I made a huge breakfast. I swear I could feed an army, I don't know how to cook for less than one. :) We had blueberry spice bread with my homemade bluberry jam, apple hot cross buns, sausage & cream cheese crescent rolls, french toast and sausage balls.





The kids had a blast playing out in the snow!!















Christmas afternoon, Alan is smooth asleep in the middle of the living room, lol, the boys sitting in PJ's playing their new video games (they kept their PJ's on all day,. When they went outside, they layered clothes over them, and then when they came in from the snow, they would strip their wet snowy clothes by the door and be left with PJ's), and Starla playing with her new dollhouse. What a great day.







Starla loves her new toys



It was so nice not having to go anywhere or do anything on Christmas day, for the first year ever I think! We got to just break into all of our new toys and hang out and relax and have a great day!

No comments: