That was a LONG week, I was a stage mom (of course....)

Actually this is the same dance company that Roman danced in for 3 years from the ages of 3-6, and I was a stage mom for all 3 of those recitals, so this year they didn't even ask, Christy, the owner just walked up to me during class a few weeks before recital and said "You are going to be stage mom for this class since you've done it before and I don't have to explain anything to you." lol, alrighty then. Not that I minded of course. :)
However, Roman's classes were like 10 times better behaved than this class was! Or maybe it's because I'm older and less patient....hmmm... :) But I had eight 3-4 year old girls who didn't really want to listen to me at all, and threats to tell their parents didn't work in the least. I had one girl that was just out and out defiant, and if I said move, she would stand like a stone until I physically picked her up and moved her, oy vey. But we got through it. :)
Starla & her dance teacher Janet





backstage

This is the madness that goes on backstage...imagine this ALL WEEK LONG, lol. Trying to corral and entertain and get these girls to cooperate and be where they needed to be when it was their time....
Starla & her little buddy Persephone got Outstanding Attendance awards, meaning they only missed 1 class all year. They were the only 2 from their class that got it. :)

The girls as they accepted their awards.....


The kids with Poppie & Granny Oleta

Starla with Nana, Aunt Kin & cousin karli

Starla with great Nanny & Papa (Nanny was in colorado for a funeral and couldn't make it)

Afterwards we went to chick-fil-a for some grub. :)

Starla's class and their ballet part of the recital
Starla's class and their tap part of the recital, "Conga"
it was lots of fun. :)

No comments:
Post a Comment