CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, June 17, 2011

In the good ol' summertime.....

I can't believe we are already one month into summer, and I've not really blogged at all!! it's going by in a blur! I want it to slow down!! :)

Sorry for the super long blog, just trying to cram it all in here too. :) (and I can't figure out why this crazy thing has started putting pics side by side instead of just in a single line as always, when I write the blog, it's all in order, and then wehn i preview it and publish it, the pics are all lined up funny and my words aren't by the right pic!! I can't figure it out! but you can pretty much figure out what words go with what pic,....even if they are out of order, lol)

As always we stay crazy busy in the summer. We are always going somwhere or doing something! We are trying hard to fit everything in that we want to do!


we love the summer movie program at harkins in bricktown! For just $5 each we get to see 10 kid movies, one a week. And we get the loyalty cups so we get drinks for $1! Can't beat that....






after the movie we just walk across the street to the spray pad and have fun!









we are loving having a frontier city pass this year!


















and of course white water too! But this is the only pic I have of it, taken on my phone, since I just haven't taken a camera there yet....




playing at the park...





hanging out with cousins....





Starla's little friend persephone hung out with us one day! here they are at the movies,....





time to cool off!





too cool to play in the water....





mmm...ice cream!





camping out all night on the trampoline (which was actually pretty comfortable!)














hanging out at the zoo with our buddy Gaza....






the new baby elephant is sooooooo cute!









building cool stuff at the free monthly build at home depot........










in the summer I seem to morph into Aunt Jemima! :) it's so easy to throw my hair into a bandana instead of trying to make it cooperate in the humidity and sweaty summer activities....





we love earning prizes in the summer reading program!



the spray park is always a good way to cool off on a hot day....









Starla's betrothed, Carter, made a trip from texas to visit his little lady.... :)






they love the slip-n-slide....













I made a wedding cake and cupcakes for a friend.....





picking sugar snap peas....





yum, spaghetti squash!





before school got out the boys both signed up to take the ACE (gifted) science summer camp, which was last week for Roman and this week for Bourbon. They went Mon-thur and got to go to 4 different classes a day; biology, engineering, physics and chemistry. Roman liked biology the best, they did stuff with worms all week and got to dissect them on the last day.

Bourbon's teacher was nice enough to send me a pic of Bourbon dissecting his worms on my phone. :)

They both seemed to really enjoy it, and they liked that they got to go on different weeks and not together....





Starla was upset that the boys got to go to a summer camp and she didn't, so I found a VBS that her & Roman could go to this week while Bourbon did his science camp. It was called PandaMania, and they both REALLY loved it. Starla asked if she could go to another VBS next week, I told her lets take a week or two off and then maybe we can find another one.... :)









gotta love all the pretty flowers & colors of summer.....





let's not forget ice cream cones....

No comments: