Thursday is dance night.
Starla at dance class....
Since events at the fair include a ticket into the fair and 5 and under get in free, the ticket taker at the front didn't take off the free fair entrance off of Starla's Disney on Ice ticket earlier in the week. So since we weren't doing anything anyways, I decided I could use that ticket to get into the fair, Starla would get in free, and we would hang out with the boys for a bit before they went into Wrestling. So after dance class we went to the fair to meet up with the boys. Of course as we were driving there, it starts to pour. Lovely. I had an umbrella, but it was still a wet, rainy mess.
Alan & Bourbon tried the donut burger and have decided they must make them at home someday soon, lol. Roman ate the tried & true turkey leg!
It was rainy and yuck, so they didn't ride any rides or do much other than eat.
And after a bit,Starla & I went through a building while the boys left us to go to wrestling.
As Starla & I were walking to our car to leave, Alan called me, theyhad found their seats and who should be stting right in front of them? BILLY CORGAN!!!! For those of you who don't know who that is, he was the lead singer of Smashing Pumpkins. And for those of you who dont know, Smashing Pumpkins and Billy Corgan were my all-time favorite band as a teenager, and I absolutely LOVE him & them. (Um, Starla is actually the name of a smashing pumpkins song, yep, that's right, she is named after a song, hee hee.....) SOOOOOOO insanely jealous!!! The boys got to meet him, and be right next to him the entire show!!!!!! And the could care less!!! They so don't appreciate it as much as I would have, sigh. The one time in my life that I am kicking myself for not being into wrestling more....lol.
yep, this close to Billy freaking Corgan for hours......so sad, so very very sad. Sniff sniff. :)
They had a great time....
Friday was our 6th year anniversary. Which we didn't celebrate at all, in any capacity. I did get a text message from my husband that morning telling me Happy Anniversary, I guess that will have to do......oh well, there's always next year.
Friday night Bourbon had a couple of friends sleep over, and then Saturday the kids went to go stay the night at Nanny's house.
My wonderful friend Lori had invited us to come join her & her family sunday at the Wildlife Expo in Guthrie at the Laze E Arena. They have this free event every year, but this was the first year we had gone. They had SOOOO much stuff to do, we stayed 4 hours and I'm not sure we even got to do half of what they had to offer. They even built a giant "lake" in the middle of the arena and had kyaking! They had fishing, archery, basketweaving, birdhouse building, fire building, hunter safety, animals, and more!!!
We even got to try "wild" food. Catfish, deer meat and buffalo chili, yum! The boys went back and got several of the samples......lol
The kids really liked the archery practice.....
We are going to have to go again next year just to catch all the stuff we missed this go round!
football football football! Roman had a game monday, a game tonight and a game thursday this week! He's the quarterback and he is loving it.

No comments:
Post a Comment