CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, September 22, 2010

Disney on Ice & The Fair

I don't know what it is about Disney that I love so darn much, but I do. I love all things Disney. I think Walt was a genius, and I love him for wanting to create a world of magic where dreams come true and childhood fantasies abound. I believe in the magic of childhood, and I believe in fairies....I do, I do. :)

So it was our tradition to go to Disney on Ice on Bourbon's birthday every year, it always fell on his birthday. Up until Starla turned 1, and for the first time in his entire life, none of the shows fell on his birthday and instead it fell on Starla's birthday. And that year was Disney Princesses to boot. So the boys didn't go that year, for the first time in their whole lives. They went the next 2 years, but not this year. This year Alan & the boys got wrestling tickets at the fair instead of disney on ice.

So on Monday morning, Starla & I got to go to Disney on Ice just the two of us! This was my 14th year of going. I had taken Destiny the year she was born and then the following year took both her and my other neice Kasey. Then I had my own kid to take. :) I love it!

Since we left right after taking the boys to school, we got there an hour early. Plenty of time to shop and check everything out and find our seats. :)

I had asked Starla if she wanted to wear one of her princess outfits, and she said Tinkerbell was the way to go. :)










The show was called Disney On Ice Celebrates, so it was a bunch of little skits about holidays (including of course the un-birthday tea party!) and then other celebrations around he world. It was full of lots of different characters and was a really great show!





































Tinkerbell came over to our corner and waved at Starla, which was so cute. :)




So sad to see it end, sigh. Until next year my sweet Disney on ice.... :)

Ah, the fair! First thing was first; lunch! Well, for Starla that is. I wanted to walk around the entire fair first and see everything there was to offer before I decided what I wanted to eat, so I ate like 2 hours later, lol.





Starla picked out a corndog for lunch, yum!




Starla played the "duckie" game and won a ball, which was pretty darn annoying to carry around for the rest of the day. Should have left that for last.....







Starla got to pick out 3 rides to ride (which on the way home she told Nanny on the phone that they were boring because she only got to ride 3 and she wanted to ride 4, she's such a mess)












It was scortching hot outside, and we were sweating up a storm. So ice cream just seemed in order....




I always get a turkey leg, a corn dog or an indian taco while at the fair so this year I decided to try something new. It was a close choice bewteen the fried mac-n-cheese, loaded baked sweet potato or the donut burger, but I went with the donut burger, so that I could go home and tell the boys that I tried it. :)




It actually was pretty good. Although I could have done without the overcooked bacon on it.




yeah, that just sounds gross. Yes, even worse than a donut burger. :P





yum. I LOVE the fair cinnamon rolls! With buttercream icing of course. I had gotten this to go, but ended up eating most of it while we sat and waited for Bourbon to get out of school.... hee hee



We got to stay until we had to leave to pick up Bourbon, so it was a long full day of fun for use. :)

and Minnie Mouse makes a wonderful addition to our head collection. :)

No comments: