CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, September 9, 2010

Babies, ballet & tree houses

Life is busy as always in our household! Trying to get ready for this party is fun, but time consuming! I can't wait for it though!

I wanted to blog a little about my job!

My partner teacher is Rudy. She was born in Venzuela but moved here to go to college at 18, then got married shortly thereafter. She has a 9 year old son and a 4 year old daughter. We work well together and have a good time with the babies!



We have gotten into a rhythm and routine now. Our kids get there at 9:30 and then we play for about 30 mins before we start some kind of art porject. Then we clean up, do diaper changes and snacks and more playing until lunch at about 11am. Then it's clean up and naps at noon until approx 2, and we do diaper changes and we play until they are picked up at 2:30.

I love our little class! And I love this little table. I am all about art projects, even though I think some of the other teachers in the older classrooms think that I am crazy for letting babies paint! But we have fun with it! The 4 older ones we have love sitting there for snacks, and lunch and art. They climb in those chairs a dozen times in a day, they just love it.





This is Chloe, she is 13 months old. She has the biggest blue eyes and the prettiest eyelashes I have ever seen. I keep saying I want to see her when she's like 15, because I bet she's gonna be drop dead gorgeous! She is a sweetie pie.





This is Jonathan, he is 13 months old. He has attached himself to me, and won't let me get more than a foot away from him on most days. And if I have to walk out of the classroom to use the restroom, the boy will scream until I step back in. He's very sweet, but very clingy!




This is Brayden, he is 14 months old and 100% pure boy! :) He loves to climb on any and everything, and is always on the go. He LOVES getting messy, so he thoroughly enjoys the art projects, like this fall tree we were painting with handprint leaves.....





This is Alex, he is 4 months old. He's a very good baby, I love rocking him to sleep!





This is Riley, she's 8 months old and the most content baby I have ever seen, she rarely fusses and just likes to watch all the big kids!





This is Ava, she is 14 months, and one of my very favorites! She is soooo stinkin' sweet. And I LOVE her red hair and her ears that stick out a bit, which makes her look like an elf! Her big brother Jaxson was in Starla's class last year and is in there this year, but I am super sad because they are moving. :( Their dad actually grew up in Duncan and graduated with my sis-in-law Janna, and his wife is from there too. So their family is there. He just got hired with Halliburton and they are moving back. I will miss this sweet girl!!





Tonight Starla started dance class, at the same place Roman went for 3 years, about 3 years ago! The same staff was there, so it was nice to see them again! Starla looked soooo cute in her dance attire! She wanted to wear her rain boots going to class (we hadn't bought her dance shoes until we got there tonight, but you can't wear them outside of dance anyway) so her feet were super sweaty when we were getting her dance shoes, so they gave her little slip on hose for her feet, but one was nude and one was black, lol. Oh well, she looks like Roman does on more days....











Isn't this sweet?!




Roman has been dying to build a tree house for years, but because Alan doesn't really have the time to take on that kind of activity, we haven't been able to do it. So when I found a magazine article showing how a teaching had his 5th graders make mini tree house each year, I knew we had to do it! My dad chopped a peice of fire wood in half and drilled the holes into it, we scoured the park and backyard for good sturdy branches and sticks and the boys have started building their houses! I can't wait to see how they turn out.






No comments: