So sad that Thursday was Ava's last day. :( She is so stinkin' cute, I love her!!! But they moved to Duncan this weekend. Thankfully I am friends on Facebook with her daddy, and we can visit them when we go to Duncan to see the family. Yeah! :) Starla loves her big brother Jaxson too, so she will be happy to go play with him too.
So Alan's favorite band these days is a band called 30 Seconds to Mars. So a coupld of months ago when I learned they were coming to the Diamond Ballroom in OKC, I got us tickets. The show was thursday.
Something funny about this though, is that the lead singer, Jared Leto, used to be one of the main characters, Jordan Catalano on my favorite teenage drama My So-Called Life, some 15 years ago. I was fully addicted to this show. I so wanted to find a "My So Called life" shirt, or an "I love Jordan Catalano" shirt to wear to the show, lol. Alan said Jared would probably punch him if I did, hee hee...
Jared Leto as Jordan Catalano, sigh, so dreamy.....

Here he is singing his song "red", which Angela (the main character, a too normal, ordinary teenage girl who has a huge crush on the uber-cool Jordan) thinks is about her since she had just dyed her hair a vibrant red color to stand out and be different. Later though we learn that sadly, the song was just about Jordan's car. Ouch.
This was a girl I stood behind during the concert. Hee hee....it's a Harry Potter themed tattoo for those that don't know. I love Potter heads. :)
yep, everytime I go to a show like this I realize that I am too old for these things, lol. I hate being crammed next to strangers, getting beer spilled or thrown all over me, getting my feet stomped on when they start jumping up and down with the band, getting pushed and shoved when the whippersnappers in front of me start moshing, and getting stiff from standing in one position for hours without the room to move or stretch!!! The first 2 bands were horrible, most of it I couldn't understand, but the first band lost me when his first song said something to the effect of "Don't listen to your parents, they can't teach us anything anyways, all they did was leave this world in a mess". Seriously? The guy had to have been my age if not older, and he was really going to tell a room full of young impressionable kids not to listen to their parents? Yep, it's official, I am old. hee hee...
After enduring the first two bands, and then waiting an hour for 30 seconds to mars to come out, we stayed for 3 songs and left because it was so late....
Jared looks a bit different than his grunge Jordan Catalano days.....
*warning, foul language* He sounds a bit different than he did all those many years ago on my so called life.....
Starla decided she was a bunny fairy, and went to the gym like this friday morning....
All the New Lego Harry Potter stuff came out yesterday on the 1st. Roman is sooo excited. Unfortanetly he has spent most of his money already at the fair and wrestling and stuff, so he's probably going to have to wait for his birthday....oh the agony.
My sweet friend Lori got us free tickets to the WWE event at the ford center friday night. I thought she was just getting Alan & the boys tickets, but much to my surprise she was able to get us 6 tickets! So I decided to tag along as well, and Alan was able to invite Mike, and Bourbon took Stew.
Yes, Alan is a dork,lol. He wore his mask all night long. People came up and asked to take his picture, kids stared and pointed (and of course he pointed back and played with them), and while walking through bricktown to our car, some gals stopped and asked to take pics with him while they were out with a bachelorette party. Yep, that's my husband.....
This guy is my favorite,The Big Show. He is HUGE! But even still, this 5 against 1 match wasn't very fair...... :)
Everyone had a great time!

No comments:
Post a Comment