CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, October 10, 2010

The longest week ever....

Monday we got to meet my friend Liz & her kiddos Finn & Kinley at the zoo. It was such a beuatiful day.....






The red panda is my favorite animal at the zoo. Don't you just want to cuddle with it?!?!



So monday about the time I was going to pick Bourbon up from school my right eye started bugging me. i had to take my contacts out as soon as we got home and it was all bloodshot and red. It started getting all glazed over feeling and it kept hurting, I just knew I had pink eye. Grrrr....

Yep, tuesday morning I woke up and my eye was matted shut! Lovely!! Somehow I managed ot be the only one in the family to have it, but somehow I got it. So I didn't go to work tuesday, although Starla still got to go to school. So I got to catch up on some TV shows and housework, woo hoo!


Starla & her walking stick....





We had been doing really good at the whole family walk thing. Everyday from saturday until tuesday we took a walk/bike ride...... (but unfortunately tuesday was the last one we had this week!)









mmmmmmm, gotta love crockpot night! I made spicy sausage & sweet potato stew, which I know sounds really strange, but it is SOOOOOO yummy. I love it. (Of course Alan won't eat it, so I only make it like once a year....)



Tuesday evening I got some sad news, from Facebook of all places, that a dear friend had taken his own life a couple of weeks back. :(

Wed. my pink eye was still there, and then add to that all I wanted to do was lay around and cry, needless to say I didn't go to work on Wed. either.

Alan had bought me flowers earlier in the week, and they were so very pretty....




The director at my work was having gall bladder surgery thursday, so everyone was making food to take to her. So Wed evening I made a caramel apple pie, and Starla helped...



Thursday was the only day I worked this week.

Thursday was crazy night. I was supposed to have CPR training through the fire department that night (required by my job) from 6-10pm for my work, but there weren't enough people signed up, so at 3pm they called to tell me it had been postponed until next month. BUT we still have Roman's football game at 4:15 and Starla's dance class at 4:50p. Alan was doing pull-ups at work, so we took Roman to his game and got to stay for 15 mins. before heading out to get Starla to class on time. Alan went by and picked up Roman from the game when he got done.


Football!





Dance class!





I was kinda glad the CPR training had been cancelled because my Parents as Teachers group was having it's annual playdate at the Pumpkin Patch here in MWC that night. This will be our 3rd year we have attended, we love going.










Friday Bourbon & his buddy Stew went to spend the night at church with the youth group, friday was just fun night but then saturday they were getting up and going to a local school to help paint it, then they were going downtown for the annual church "block party" where they take tons of church volunteers downtown to where the homeless shelter is and they feed them, give them clothes and haircuts, and play with the kids, and minister to them, and wash clothes, and just tons of amazing stuff. So the youth got to go there for the chili cook off and eat lunch and just witness some of the amazing work in progress there. Then they come home at 4pm saturday. (I really wanted to volunteer and do the block party this year, bu as you read on you will see why I wasn't able to, my saturday was already pretty full....)

Saturday afternoon we held a memorial in the park for our friend. (It actually is getting it's own blog post because it's too much to just add to this one...)





And after that emotionally draining few hours, I got to switch gears and run home and get ready for a bridal shower at my house! Yeah for being super woman! lol

So a week ago my brother announced he was getting married in 2 weeks. If you know my brother then I am quite certain you are as shocked as I was. In fact the e-mail invites they sent out (due to such short notice they didn't do real invites!) it said "It just might be snowing in hell because Nate's getting married!"

So my mom was giving a bridal shower to his fiancee Brandy at my house that evening....












After the shower I went out with friends to continue to celebrate Kevin's life.


Today, on 10-10-10 we got to go to my friend Natalie's wedding at the round barn on Rt 66 in Arcadia. It was a beautiful fall wedding.....




No comments: