CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 28, 2010

Bowie, Texas: Saturday

Saturday morning is a continental breakfast with various items to choose from. I had a banana and a banana bread.

Shortly after breakfast Melissa, my grandma & I went out shopping. We stopped at this AWESOME resell shop called the Red Barn, and then hit up 2 garage sales. We probably spent an hour or more in the Red Barn, it was cram packed with tons of old, fun treasures. I had such a great time looking at it all. I bought several teapots and tea cups for Starla's Mad Hatter tea party birthday party at really cheap prices!
And Melissa bought me this funky mushroom cannister set with other extras from one of the garage sales for my birthday, it was the coolest thing I've seen in a long time, and I will put pics in another post! Thanks Melissa! :)












We almost missed lunch while we were out shopping, but made it back just in time...




lunch was chicken salad on crossants, spinach salad w/ candied walnuts & mandarin oranges and a cranberry walnut jello salad (which I just wasn't in the mood for, which is why it isn't on my plate! It's good though, I've had it there a few times, but it's one of those things I can only eat if I'm in the mood for it, lol)





After lunch I spent about an hour or so floating in the pool, reading a book.

Here's Melissa hanging out in the pool....





After my "swim" (it was more lounging than swimming) I actually got some scrapbooking done....





My mom, her best friend annette and grandma






Melissa working on some curtains




Dinner time!




Dinner was BBQ brisket sandwiches, doritos, coleslaw, and baked beans.




Dessert was strawberry cake w/ strawberry frosting, and chocolate peanut butter ice cream pie..... (there is no choosing, I always get both desserts, lol)



After dinner Melissa, Grandma & I decided to go hit up a winery.

Melissa had passed a winery on her way in (she came a different way than we did since we came from Duncan) and she thought it wasn't very far away. But after driving about 20 miles, we decided to just turn around and go back and go to a different one. This windmill farm was on the side of the road. (When Melissa drove home, she did stop at the winery, and she said it was just a couple miles farther than what we drove, which is of course our luck, lol)But it was still a fun little adventure, and we got to sight see in the process!



So we went to another winery that HHH had an advertisement for, which was about 15 miles away from Bowie, in the opposite direction than we had gone the first time. :)





When we got there, no one was in the place. We went in and called them, and they said they would be right there. Their house was like 50 feet away from the winery. This guy came riding up on a golf cart, carrying bottles and carafes of wine, and his cheeks were all rosy and he had a jubliant smile, it was a pretty funny sight, so we snapped a pic of him walking up to the winery...



We got to do the wine tasting which was fun




We only tasted the sweet wines. I'm not a dry wine fan, and Melissa & Grandma weren't sure about wines in general, so we just stuck with the sweet stuff. :) We tried about 5 kinds I guess.








Hee hee, my grandma didn't like this wine, it was a port wine. She wasn't really keen on any of them really, but this one she really didn't like. I pretty much liked them all, although some types more than others. :)




Melissa & I with our brown paper sacks, we each bought a mini bottle of wine, which is about half a regular bottle.




My grandma asked the guy if we could pick some grapes and he said sure, that was what they were there for. So we each picked like 5 bunches, lol. They were SOOOO sweet and yummy, probably the best grapes I've ever had.









There was this cute little kiddie-land type place in Bowie that we decided to stop at on the way back home from the Winery. Melissa played the balloon dart game and won two little things for her boys....












This was the cutest little ride; ladybugs around a big mushroom. I love mushrooms.





After we got back from the winery we opened the little bottle of wine I bought and enjoyed a glass in the hot tub!









I love that my grandma, who is pretty conservative and reserved, has a sense of humor and played along with us. Since we had our wine glasses, she decided to grab the wine bottle and pose with it, even though it is empty and she wasn't really drinking with us, lol.




Melissa took this pic of us all hanging out in the living room right before we all went to bed.............

No comments: