CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

BBQ, Omniplex, Smores, oh my!

Saturday we had a BBQ complete with waterballoon fight and water guns. A bunch of our wonderful friends came over (along with about a million flies!) to enjoy some burgers and dogs and some summer fun.




















Our friend Rex, who has been to clown college, is a fire breather and juggler, was at the BBQ and we let his daughter Dezi stay the night. When he came back sunday to get her, he brought a bag of balloons and taught Roman how to make balloon animals.... he was very excited to have this new talent. These are all the balloons he made





Monday we got to go renew our omniplex pass (thanks to Nanny & Papa who bought it for my birthday!) which had expired in April, and we met our friends Lori and her kiddos Sam & Mariah there. While we were there though, my camera, which has been on it's last leg for a while now, broke even more. When my flash popped up for a pic, the top of the flash popped off and went flying, as did the little plastic peice that sits in front of the bulb of the flash which disperses the light. So now although the light bulb still works, its just like a spot light, lol.













Mariah & Bourbon





Starla on a bed of nails....





I put together this awesome smores basket for the BBQ, but we never got around to making them. So we just decided to make them in the microwave monday evening.....





This is what pics look like when you have a broken flash,....lol













mmmmmm,....I made blueberry baked french toast this morning....






This morning we went to the zoo for a bit because Roman & I have decided to enter into their photo contest this year. The winners get their pics into the next years zoo calendar. I have tons of zoo pics to go through and pic out which ones I want to enter (you can enter up to 4 per person), but Roman had to go take some pics that he would like to enter (they have a kids section of the contest too!) But it was kind hard taking pics with a pretty broken camera, lol. When we narrow our selections down to the ones we are going to enter, I will post them all.



Bourbon leaves today for his dad's for the rest of the week and weekend, and tomorrow I drop off the other two in Duncan with Nana & Aunt Kim before I head off to Bowie Texas for my scrapbook retreat. This time is going to be even more memorable, because my grandma is going (it is her birthday weekend) and my mom, her best friend, Jamie & her step-mom and my friend Michelle and her mom. It's kinda like a mother/daughter weekend! :)

No comments: