So all 3 boys had high cholesterol, Alan's was high enough that they put him on medication to help lower it. I told him he probably has gravy in his veins with all the junk that he eats! :) He thinks just because he's skinny, that means he's healthy! I had mine checked friday, but haven't gotten the results back yet.
So we are trying to eat healthier. But it's like pulling teeth to get the boys (all 3 of them) to eat enough fruits and veggies. And Starla doesn't eat much of anything but junk. I've been slowly getting it all out of the house, so that they don't have any choice but to eat the good stuff (although the hardest person to deal with on this area is Alan who thinks he needs 2 gallons of ice cream in the freezer, 3 kinds of chips in the cabinet, and 3 kinds of chocolate available at all times). Roman is hooked on fiber one bars right now, so it's a start. I just have to keep my eye on him and not let him have more than 1 a day!
I started my HCG diet again this week. Today is the first 500 calorie day, and so far so good. I didn't have any luck when I tried to do it last month, so I am really hoping I can stick with it this time. I am going to try really hard to not cheat in any way shape or form for 20 days, which is how long the diet says your body needs to reset the hypathalomus (sp? too lazy to look it up, lol) and get all the junk out of your system, a detox if you will. After that I want to stay on the diet for at least another 20 days, but if I cheat here or there, no big deal. When I did the diet before I might use a tablespoon of coffee creamer in my coffee, or a smidge of ketchup on my meat, or a tablespoon of salsa or small stuff like that and still lose weight, but the book says you gotta stick to only what you are allowed for 20 days for your metabolism to be fixed and for your body to work properly at storing fat again. So here goes nothing..... I had my coffee black today (with splenda though! Splend with fiber on top of that!), which I'm not fond of, but I will live. I can use flavored sweetners called stevia though, and I ordered some, so I'm just waiting for them to get here. I got chocolate, vanilla and toffee, so hopefully that will improve the coffee situation. :) I also ordered a bunch of flavored teas, which are my "treats". I can have all the tea I want, it just can't have any sugar in it. They have sooo many great tasting flavored teas out there, that maybe I can trick my sweet tooth into thinking it is satisfied......
I'm doing really great at the gym too. I'm up to just about 2 hours on Mon/Wed/Fri mornings, with 50 minutes of that on the elliptical where I burn over 300 calories! Woo hoo! Then I do somewhere between 45 minutes to an hour on different weight machines, working all areas of my body. I really enjoy going to the gym, I love feeling my heart beat and sweating, and feeling my muscles ache. :) I know, I'm strange. But it feels really good, and I enjoy it. And Starla loves going to the nursery, she has made friends, and a kid from her class at school is usually there when we are too, so she enjoys that!
Alan ordered this fitness program called the P90X, which is supposed to do amazing things to your body in 90 days with an hour a day workout and diet program. So he is going to start that next week, and in the process make the boys work out with him each night. I said I would try to do it, but it involves things like pull-ups and push-ups, and really those aren't easy things for me, lol. I would rather do 50 minutes on the eliptical!! But I said I would try, in an effort to do it all together as a family.
I bought this kickboxing workout video and Roman loves doing it, lol. He also does my dance one, but Bourbon refused, saying it was "for girls", hee hee. We are trying to add more excercise to our days, and to eat better. Hopefully we can make good changes and learn to live healthier. Wish us luck!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment