Yrenie (I'm 99% positive I'm spelling that wrong), Jamie & Michelle came with me to the concert.
Jamie & me
Jamie has decided she is 10 foot tall and bullet-proof (as the country song goes....) she likes to get into the middle of drama, lol, or something like that. We had some older women in front of us (with their grown 20+ year old children) and these 2 tiny little 19 year old waifs of girls tried to push their way through, but these older broads were having none of it. They started cussing at the little gals, who by this point couldn't really move backwards either due to lack of space. The little gals started freaking out, afraid they were going to get beaten, and Jamie pushed them back and started yelling at the older women to calm down. These 2 older broads, they must live in a rough place, because one of them raised up her empty beer bottle to strike and the other one just started throwing punches wildly around. I mean really?! Where do you come from where these actions are acceptable?! Not to mention these women were 40+ years old. Well, I was between Jamie and these women, as was Yrenie. Yrenie threw Jamie back and I put my hands up to deflect any strikes or punches (thankfully they were a bad aim and didn't hit me!) it took a few minutes of yelling and screaming before the security guards came over and they piped down and acted innocent. The puncher though grabbed the now broken beer bottle off the ground and sliced her finger pretty good and proceeded to bleed all over the place for the duration of the show, lol. This was between the opening act and Gretchen. Fun times. The gals calmed down and after much sh*t talking to eachother as if they were talking to someone else, "I've been kicking a** since you were in diapers girlies! I've got at least 20 years on you!" the ladies just blended back in and enjoyed the music, directly in front of us, and all was well. Alrighty then.
This was the opening band; Chad Sullivan and the something Coalition. Obviously it wasn't really the 'something' coalition, I just can't remember what it is! :) I didn't have high hopes for the opener, typically they aren't all that great, but this band really surprised me. On more than one account, because they all came out with their tattoos and punk rock t-shirts, they sure didn't look like a country band. But of course, one probably would look at me and think I don't quite belong at that concert as well, so I can't say much! Hee hee.
But they did rock it country style, and I really liked a few of their songs, so I was disappointed when I tried to google them today, find them on myspace or facebook and got nothing (of course it would help if I remembered their full name....). Guess I'll have to search a little more.
this is Chad, but I just wanted to call him dimples, because when he smiled the boy had the cutest dimples!
the drummer had a Social Distortion t-shirt on and had a foot long goatee, which was cracking me up as they jammed country style....
The bass player looks like he belongs in the band Blue's Traveler!
GRETCHEN WILSON! I seriously love this woman. She is awesome, and she has such an amazing and inspiring life story. I own her autobiography, it's a good read. :)
Her band is amazing too, they are just fun. They all have this vibe together, they just work so well together, they have good stage chemistry. :)
I can't help it, Gretchen brings out the 'redneck woman' in me (and you thought I just had red hair.....). :)
Her daughter was on the side of the stage during the show. While Gretchen's backup singer was belting out a slow ballad, she put up her iphone with the lighter app on it, which I thought was pretty cute, so I gave her a thumbs up sign and she smiled and waved. Leave it to me, so child-focused that I pay attention to the 10 year old during the concert, lol. I love that Gretchen brings her daughter along on tour, she was there last year when we seen Gretchen as well. She comes out and helps her mom toss out t-shirts towards the end of the show.
She was sticking around to meet people and sign autographs, which I really would have liked to do, but it was already pretty late, the drive home was over an hour, and everyone had to get up early in the morning (Jamie drove Yrenie & myself!) so we left.
I would like to meet her someday. It's funny. Dolly Parton, Paula Deen and Gretchen Wilson are my idols.... I guess I have a thing for southern women! :) And all 3 of them pulled themselves up from poverty and made something amazing of their life. Strong southern women!!

1 comment:
Chad Sullins and the Last Call Coalition! :) Love you
Post a Comment