CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Why I love my job......

I really do love my job. I totally get my baby fix in, I love rocking the babies to sleep at nap time! I get to take Starla to work with me, and see her several times a day. I get to play, and sing and dance. I get to dress up!


last month was western day....





last week was renaissance day.....



And look at these faces..... wouldn't you love your job too?!



















































My last day of work for the summer is May 12th, and at this point in time I don't know if I get to work there or not again next year. There are so many things up in the air, it's kinda crazy. Starla starts Pre-K next year, which is only half a day. If I can avoid daycare, at all costs, that would be idea. I hate daycare. And it costs and arm & a leg. And with my parents being gone, I don't have any help to get the boys to and from school, and we don't have a bus. AND both boys schools are in jeopardy of closing next year, so where the heck will they even go to school then?! Starla could stay at our school now, they have a pre-k program which is still the full day, 3 day a week thing like now, and I could work there another year, but I don't know. Teacher jobs are scarce, and even if I got one I don't know what I would do with my kids. My church is opening up a campus here in MWC, and I thought of applying for the Child care director job, but it opens in July and there's no way I am paying for daycare for 3 kids during the summer if I got a full time job. That would be about what I would make I would imagine! But the church is also going to open a charter school, probably not for another year though, but I would love to get a job at a charter school, which has some freedoms from the regulations of public schools. I would have freedom to teach the way I want, as long as my students could meet standards of learning. Which would be idea for me. But that's another year away before they open the school.

You know what I would love to do if I could? Take this next school year and home school the kids. Just for one year, until Starla was in full day kindegarten. Bourbon would hate it, lol. I've always wanted to home school the kids, I would love to do it just for the experience. And to have that time with the kids. They are growing up so fast, ad I know my time with them is limited. I would love to just pour into them and their education and have a bit of control over what they are taught and how they are taught. Both boys are having such a hard time in school because they are bored. I would love to make it fun and interesting for them. I would love to get Bourbon away from some of the negative influences in middle school. I just feel like it would be so good for all of us. But again, there are so many things up in the air, I have no idea what is going to happen.....

1 comment:

kristal said...

if i had to give my opinion (that's why you have a comment section, right? :) i would say "go for it!" i think homeschooling for a year sounds like a fantastic and lifechanging decision. you are your childrens' best teacher and i know they would benefit deeply from such an intense amount of time with their mom. i will continue to pray as you seek plans for next year!