CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, April 10, 2011

Our bakesale & Live at the Plaza

I love Live on the Plaza. On the 2nd friday of each month they basically have a block party, where all the businesses on the block have an open house. They have live music, and local artists have shows, and people set up booths for different organizations and businesses, the Big Truck Taco truck is always there, and sometimes the Pops truck is there (but not this time). It's always just a lot of fun.

I was so glad Estrella (who owns the Velvet Monkey salons) said yes when I asked if I could set up my bakesale in front of her salon during the event. I knew there would be lots of people already out there, so it made it easy having ahigh traffic area, rather than just setting up in front of a random store.

I could not have done it without her, or any of the other people that pulled together to make this work!


SOOO many wonderful people helped to get this show on the road. I had so many people who were baking, and buying goods to donate! Including this awesome cake....




I was blown away by Pinkitzel's generous donation of 4 dozen cupcakes (12 different flavors!). The charge $3.95 a cupcake, so this was approx $192 worth of cupcakes! WOW! And all I did was ask. :)



A local bakery called Sara Sara Cupcakes donated 2 boxes of 3 cupcakes....





so many of our friends came out to support our bake sale!













The boys made signs to hold up at the sale....

















Starla had her very first sleep over at a friends house that night. We actually dropper her off at her friend Persephone's house on the way out to the bake sale, but Amanda (Persephone's mom) brought the girls out there for a bit. Starla did really well for her first sleep over, no crying to come home, and she had a blast!









there was an easter egg hunt....








The easter bunny was there!













and for some reason there was a guy walking around in a teletubby suit.... :)











The Velvet Monkey set up a table next to us to do $5 feather extensions (a colored feather they weave into your hair, which will stay in up to 2 months)

Of course Roman wanted one.... :)









my wonderful hubby & boys waited in an incredibly long line at the Big Truck taco truck to get me a taco....:)















Our goal was $250, and we made $402!!! It was so much fun, it is all going to a great cause, and I'm so glad we did it.

No comments: