CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, December 5, 2010

Oh Christmas Tree...

I love when it's time to put up the tree! Which of course we always do the weekend after Thanksgiving. :)










We bought a Yoda tree topper on sale after Christmas last year so this was the first year we've used it. Starla looked at it and said "Why is Yoda on our tree? We have to have a star, EVERYONE has a star!" hee hee..... Which the funny thing is, is that we've always had an angel, never a star.








I love Christmas ornaments, they just make me so happy. Each one brings back some kind of memory, and I love that our personalities are reflected from the ornaments on our tree....




And I love the homemade ones from the kids over the years....




And the old ones that I had when I was a child, that my mom let me take when I moved out.



Which I tell my kids that one day when they move out, they will get to take their ornaments with them as well.




Each year I let the kids pick out a new ornament. The last several years they've done it at North Pole City, which is always fun (we actually went there today, but that will have to wait for another blog).



And they always remember which ones are theirs, and as we are unwrapping them each year to hang up they will say "oh, that's mine! I remember...." and fill in the blank of some story about when they picked it out, or what was going on that year that they bought it,or how old they were. Which just makes me smile that they too attach such fond memories to each and every ornament.



One day we might just run out of room on our tree.....

No comments: