CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Sunday, August 22, 2010

oh it's been a long & busy week....

Yes, there was a week of no blogging, because I didn't have a spare minute to do it!!! We were sooooo busy. Which means you get one super duper long blog.....

So I am late blogging, so it starts with LAST weekend....


Last saturday we went to our buddy Finn's birthday party, where all the kids got to don Mario Bros mustaches....hee hee















Then we went to Rush Springs for the Watermelon Festival! It was a miserable 104 degrees outside, so we were dying and drenched with sweat, but we managed to have a great time anyway......




























Then we met Grannie & Poppie for dinner in Chickasha.........







Monday Nanny watched Starla so I could clean her room and get things ready for the JBF (Just between friends) consignment sale at the fairgrounds, and the garage sale we would be having this weekend at my momma's house. In fact, I worked allll day monday, then every evening getting it all ready for these 2 events!!

Monday Bourbon came home from school with his french horn and it's giant case, wich he gets to lug around at school all day from class to class. Fun! :) He refuses to smile in pictures these days......



Tuesday I started work, and Starla spent the day with Nanny. It was just meetings and first aid training and all that good stuff the first day, and then Wednesday we did some more meetings, and got to spend most of the day cleaning, decluttering, organizing and decorating our classrooms. I am one of the "teachers" in the infant class, we havd babies birth through 16 months old. My co-teacher is a woman named Rudy who I actually met last year when we both volunteered as parents for the pancake and pajama day, her daughter Bella went to Small World last year, but is in Pre-K this year. We will have 6 babies, 1 is 4 months old, 1 is 8 months old and the rest all turned 1 this summer. I am excited. It should be fun.

Thursday my wonderful friend Lori took me out to lunch for my birthday (where she also spoiled me with gifts, including the Pioneer Woman's cookbook which I am super duper excited about!!!) and I picked Inspirations tea house, in Edmond. I LOVE going there, it's so fancy and fun, and I love the food and the atmosphere!!! Our sweet friend Kristal met us there with her 2 boys, and she had her ultrasound that morning and found out she will be adding another bouncing boy to her brood! How exciting!!

Starla tries on one of the hats they have available for patrons (what is a tea party without a hat?!)






The moment you sit down you are served a complimentary scone with lemon curd, which is heaven (I just realized that they sold the lemon curd in a jar and I will be getting some of that soon.....)





Starla prefers to eat her lemon curd with a spoon.....





They had revamped their menu and did some redecorating since the last time I had been there. They created a "Tonya" room, seriously. It is decorated in my favorite colors, my favorite flowers, polka dots (my favorite!) AND cupcake pillows!!!! It could not be more of a "me" room!!! I must sit in there next time.....













Look how pretty our food is! And there's my pot of chocolate raspberry truffle tea...mmmmmmmmm.







I literally spent every waking moment this week gathering, pricing, tagging, organizing, etc. things for the yard sale and JBF, I think I only made dinner once this week, I just didn't have enough hours in the day! But it all got done, and tons of junk left our house and now I gotta start putting my house back in order next week, because of course since I was doing all those things, there wasn't any housework getting done either!!!

Friday we started the yard sale, and then friday evening we took all of our tons of toys & clothes and such up to the JBF sale. If you don't know what JBF is, it is the BIGGEST and most amazing consignment sale on this planet. It's like Toys-r-us on steroids. There are more toys, baby gear, shoes & clothes and anything else having to do with raising children under one roof, and although it all looks almost new and in excellent condition, you get it at amazing prices! And we sell stuff there too which means we make money! Score! But it is A TON of work getting your items prepped and tagged (you must use their tagging system for each item you sell, which has a bardcode on it and you print it up on cardstock on the printer, cut it out and pin it or tape it to your items)and then it is a madhouse taking your stuff there. There are over 1900 consignors! The sale opens to the public monday and does through sunday which is half price day for those that wish to make their items half price. I tend to get all of Starla's clothes at the JBF sale.

Bourbon went to his dads for the weekend and the other 2 stayed the night at nanny's house.

Saturday we had the yard sale all day (which really didn't do all that well, so not worth the hours and hours of my time and effort!!)

And then the kids stayed the night again at Nanny's so Alan & I went to help our friend Brennon celebrate his birthday. I've known Brennon since I was 17, he's been my friend forever. He's a pretty funny guy. He had posted on his facebook on his birthday the day before that he wanted a pink pony, a pretty pretty princess tiara and 2 bottles of jager for his birthday, lol. I couldn't resist.......



Yep, he got a pink pony, a princess tiara & wand and 2 tiny baby bottles of jager...hee hee.

And of course he had to have a pretty pink princess cake, lol. He really looks like the princess type, right?! Hee hee.....




Today we had the yard sale, then ran to the Capture The Wild photo contest reception at the zoo.

Starla & her pic




Roman & his pics





My pics on the wall...



It was a nice event, they had the pics up for everyone to look around and see, and then we went into the auditorium where they showed a slide show of the winners and gave out prizes. Poor Roman's enire face just fell, he was DEVASTATED when he realized that he didn't win. Poor guy, disappointment is one of those hard lessons we all have to learn in life. None of us won, but I think it was still such a fun thing for us to do. The pics will be displayed in the education building of the zoo until Sept 24th, so if you are at the zoo, go take a look! Maybe we will have better luck next year!

Then the kids went to chuck-e-cheeses with Nanny and the cousins (whom we hadn't seen in forever, but my brother got a temporary visitation schedule set up this week in court, so we were excited to see them!) while I went to the JBF pre-sale for the consignors, which is a MAD HOUSE! But I found amazing deals on wonderful clothes, and now Starla has almost an entire winter wardrobe at a fraction of the cost of retail. She didn't have any jeans that still fit and only a few sweaters and long sleeved shirts that still fit, so we pretty much had to get it all.

Tomorrow I get to go work at the JBF sale from 10-1 (if you volunteer at least 3 hours you get an additional 5% of your profits from your sales, boosting you from 65% to 70%. and you get to shop and hour early at the presale. My crazy but wonderful friend Melissa volunteered 18 hours to she could shop friday night, and I had her pick up a couple of things for me then too, because the earliest people of course find the best deals and snatch them up before anyone else even gets to see them!)

And then tomorrow night is "Meet your teacher" night at Small World, so I get to go meet all the parents of the babies in my room, and then school starts tues. I will work tues, wed & thurs. and those are the days Starla goes to school as well. She is very excited about the first day of school!!!

No comments: