CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, May 9, 2011

Loser week 12

It was a tough week! I only lost .6 lbs, but I suppose a loss is a loss. I measured for the month as well and have lost another 8.5 inches. so little by litte, inch by inch. At least I didn't gain.

I worked out almost 6 hours this week too, I was working hard!! But I ate more than I needed, so it kinda cancelled it all out, lol. I am trying to change up my cardio too, I always do the elliptical, but I am trying to work on the stair stepper. I don't know why I can work on the elliptical for 45 mins, huffing & puffing and sweating, but I can do it fast and keep it up, but the stair stepper, like minutes after I step on it, I am dying and just feel like I can't keep it up, hy head starts pounding and I just can't do it!! It annoys me. So I am challenging myself to work up to staying on it 20 mins. We shall see how long that takes, lol. I started with 5, worked up to 7 and am now at 10 minutes, but it is hard.

I am also starting the couch to 5K program with my momma friends this week, which trains you, from being a couch potato to running 5k in like 3 months or something like that. I hate running, but I am going to give it a try. I am just uncoordinated, and am just really uncomfortable when running, but I figure thats a good reason to challenge myself to do it. It starts out really slow, so I figure it won't be that hard to begin with, it's sticking with it that might get tricky. :)

But you have to change up your excercise every few weeks in order to keep it being effective. once your body gets accustomed to something, it doesn't work as hard any longer. So I gotta find way to change it up and work differently. Which is why I love getting different DVD's from the library, from yoga to pilates to different dance and cardio workouts, it keeps it fresh and fun.

This week on monday I pigged out at the all you can eat buffet at the Cowboy Museum & Hall of fame for our Teacher appreciation day, it was supper yummy. :) Then on tuesday, I indulged in one of my co-workers birthday cakes, then wed. was staff breakfast ( I actually cooked 3 different kind of waffles for everyone; buttermilk, chocolate & strawberry) but was good and didn't eat any of it, but I did eat the mexican staff lunch. After that the rest of the week I was pretty good, but I'm sure it was just getting off what damage I had done all week, and then losing just the .6 lbs. But since I am looking at this as a lifestyle, and not just a diet, I want to learn how to be able to partake in the fun events of life thatg include foods that may not be healthy, and still maintain a healthy lifestyle. So i am glad to know that at least I could do all of that and still have a loss, even as little as it is. better than a gain.

This week won't be much better. Starla & I had lunch out today (there will be a post about that later when i get a chance!), and then Wed. we are taking my daddy out for all you can eat crab legs (which I plan on eating all I can, since we don't get crab legs very often!) and the cake I am preparing for him is crazy fattening, and I want a peice! But then I will have thur-mon to try to get it back on track and still have some kind of loss, even if it is small. I am going to try really hard.

This is my 12 week, or 3 month mark, and I really wanted to be at the 20lbs lost goal, but oh well, I am just under 2 lbs away from it, so hopefully I will get there soon.

Alan has started doing his P90X program, and getting the boys involved with it as well. They enjoy working out with daddy. He is doing really well on his program, and has quit smoking and is getting in shape. He's taking vitamins and drinking protein shakes and just doing a wonderful job at it! We are all going to get healthy! The boys are slowly (and painfully sometimes) learning how to eat healthy and working out. Sometimes they complain quite loudly, and sometimes they seem to enjoy it. But as a family we are taking action and trying to be healthier and have an active lifestyle. I am proud of us! And I am proud of Alan for quitting smoking! Yeah for him!! :)

here's to another week!

No comments: