11 weeks. Crazy how time flies I tell ya!
So weigh in day, I lost 3.4 lbs this week!! Woo hoo! I had one really bad splurge day, but I managed to do so well on all the rest of the days, that it didn't even make much of an impact overall.
I did 295 mins of excercise over 6 days which is 4.92 hours. This is what it looks like:
Monday: 30 minutes Biggest Loser bootcamp dvd
Tuesday: 40 minutes of walking, 10 minutes of stretching, lunges & squats
Wednesday: 60 minutes of walking (broken up into a 30 min walk, a 20 min walk & a 10 min walk throughout the day)
Thursday: 30 min walking with hand weights, 45 mins Biggest Loser bootcamp dvd
Friday: 20 minutes Jillian Michaels yoga, 10 mins walking
Saturday: 30 mins elliptical machine, 20 mins strength training for legs (at the gym)
Sunday: day of rest
Every little bit helps! It takes time, effort and planning to fit in excercise, but it is so worth it in the long run. I actually enjoy it.
I also learned that a way to avoid the dreaded dieters plateau, is to switch up your caloric intake from day to day. Let's say you've figured out what your daily calories should be (one way the experts suggest is to take your weight times 7, and that it how many calories you need to lose weight), then you figure out what that looks like for the week. So I am shooting for a 1500 daily goal, which is 10,500 for the week. Then you can break that up differently each day, like 1200 one day, 1700 the next, 1400 the next, etc, etc until you have your goal. Which means you get days where you get to "splurge" a bit more than normal but still stay within your goal. And your metabolism can't get adjusted to a regular number, which keeps it up and active, and not slowing down which is what causes a dieters plateau. After several weeks on a daiet, your body has adjusted the metabolism to the daily calories and you stop losing weight for a week or so, but this is how you can attempt to beat that!
I am at 17.6 lbs lost in 11 weeks. I am 2.4 lbs away from 20 lbs lost. So I am going to try really hard to lose that this week!
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment