CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, April 7, 2010

Our life

I've been slacking on my blogging lately, so you get a long post of pics and updates! :)

I've been subbing at Starla's school quite a bit lately. Yesterday I worked in the 2 year old room, and then had 3 different teachers call me that evening for me to work for them today, but I had to decline because I had a job fair. :)

With all the dandelions and other weedy flowers popping up, Starla picks me about a dozen every day!



We have been trying to soak up as much sunshine as we can on a daily basis. We make trips to the park, play outside and just hang out!









Today was my 2nd job fair. It was the Mid-Del job fair today. It went well, I gave my resume and shook hands and talked to all the principals of the elementary schools. But of course they all say the same things right now, they will keep our resumes on file, but at the moment they can't hire anyone until they get a budget increase, etc. Some other girls from UCO went to the Edmond and the OKC job fairs, and they said it was so much worse. The principals wouldn't even take resumes, they just shook hands, said they aren't hiring right now, but thanks for coming out. I think it is so silly that every district is required to have a job fair, even when they aren't hiring. The teacher job market right now is very scarce, so we shall see what the future holds!






My punk rock princess!










April showers bring May flowers!!! The kids love to play in the rain.













Roman was so excited to catch the first toad of the season. :)










I took Starla to "our" farm in Norman last friday to visit the baby goats! She loved them! She wasn't too sure about the chickens though, she was a bit scared of them! So far we have gotten 3 dozen fressh eggs, and 3 potted plants that will bloom lots of pretty flowers for me this summer! This friday starts the first of the produce, with a variety of lettuces! We are sooo excited about having fresh, organic produce from a local farm!













I LOVE my spring flowers!!!












playing frisbee






we love sidewalk chalk!





Bubbles!




We took a family walk to a little park nearby yesterday after dinner, and Bourbon fell off of the monkey bars and landed on the ladder below (the top ladder bar hit him across the belly, he kinda folded over it), which knocked the breath out of him. I was pushing Starla on the swing, so I didn't see any of it happen, or even hear it although he was right behind me. Bourbon came staggering over to me, clutching and pointing to his stomach, his face bright red, his eyes bugging out and not being able to breath for a minute. It was pretty crazy! I couldn't figure out what was wrong with him! He staggered over to me and collapsed right in front of me and couldn't talk for a little bit, we had no idea what even happened until he could catch his breath and actually talk to us!! I of course freaked out a bit because that's what momma's do. :) All I knew was that he was turning purple, couldn't breathe and collapsed clutching his stomach! But he was ok. It took him a while to get his breathing to normal, and his voice was all weird for a couple of hours. My mom came over and examined him and listened to his lungs, and we iced him up and then put a heating pad on him. He just knocked the breath out of his lungs and probably bruised them up pretty good. He was still a bit sore today and has a bruise where the bar got him, but all in all, he's fine.

And that's our life!

No comments: