CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Wednesday, July 29, 2009

Summer fun!

Nanny & Papa kept the kids all last weekend so that I could try to clean and organize my bedroom (THE messiest room in the universe!!) The people that live across the street from them make the big inflatable bouncy houses and things like that, so they give my parents a big discount on renting them. So Nanny rented this slide/pool for the day and had most of the grandkids over and had a BBQ. Alan & I took a break from working to come join in for a couple of hours!










Hunter, Starla & Meadow





Starla said she would only go down the slide with her daddy. She went once, and was sooo excited! She hopped up and screamed "I did it momma!! I did it!!" but when daddy asked if she wanted to go again, she said "No thank you." :) She only went that once!




Of course Alan had a blast playing on the thing too!





Starla loves on cousin Kyan






We are enjoying our summer soooo much, we don't want it to end!!

















Penn Square Mall opened a new Lego store last week, so yesterday we went to go check it out.

An 8 foot R2D2 made of legos!













wow, look at all of these legos momma!!





a life sized lego Indiana Jones!





She's so darn cute!





Last night we went to the Winchester Drive-in movies to see Ice Age 3 and Transformers 2. We popped our own popcorn, loaded up drinks and snacks and headed out to the movies!



The boys set up their chairs in front of the van and watched for most of the first movie, but then it started raining pretty hard so they moved into the van!



Starla sat up front with me for Ice Age, which didn't even start until 9pm! This was already past her bedtime, so I'm surprised she was happy and watching until it was over!



Alan enjoys his popcorn!



After Ice Age, it stopped raining for a bit, so we managed to move around and change seating arrangments. I laid the back seat down in the van and Starla & I laid down during Transformers (which started at 10:55!) and the boys moved up front. I heard most of the movie, but I didn't see any of it! Starla put up a good fight for quite a while, the movie might have even been half way over before she actually fell asleep!! Roman fell asleep too. When we got home and he woke up to go inside he asked "Did I stay awake for the movie?" and I asked if he remembered watching it and he said no, and so I said that was a pretty good indication that he had fallen asleep! Daddy carried Starla into her room, but he didn't shut the door all the way and just a few minutes after I got settled into bed, here she came, peeking her head into my room. She started crying and saying "The screen turned into your house!! I wasn't done watching the movie!" Hee hee, I tried to tell her we had left, driven home, and we carried her into her room, but she's still convinced that the movie screen just turned into our house!

Although we were all really tired (ALan actually turned around and went out to work when we got home at 2am this morning!)We met some friends out and went bowling this afternoon.












Roman had some arts and crafts time today while Starla & Bourbon napped!








Roman the puppet master

No comments: