CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, July 18, 2009

Wizards, storms, quidditch...oh my!

Tuesday night we went to the midnight showing of the new Harry Potter movie. I go to the midnight showing every year (I love Harry Potter!), but this was the first time I had let Roman (Bourbon was gone all week to Texas with his dad) go. We also took my neice Destiny. We dressed up in our Harry Potter gear. Destiny is trying to look evil, so she will belong in the Slytherin house like her shirt says...





Roman asked if he could have some make-up on his eyes, and had Destiny paint his finernails black and his toenails red, lol. He's so funny.



We didn't get home from the movie until 3am! But lots of people were dressed up and we had a great time!

On thursday I drove to meet Aunt Kim on the turnpike to give her Starla, who was going to stay in Duncan for a couple of days so that Roman & I could stay the night at the omniplex.

On the way home a giant storm made it's way to midwest city, Alan called to tell me I should pull off on the side of the road and wait a bit until it blew over, but I was stuck in 5 o clock traffic on the highway anyways, so by the time we got home it was all over anyway. But there was this split in the sky, on my left it was beautiful and light blue and big white fluffy clouds and all sunshiny, and on my right was black and dark and ominous, you couldn't see any of the sky, just dark clouds that covered the entire sky, with lightening flashing through it. While we were just sitting there on the highway waiting to move near bricktown, I snapped a pic of where the 2 opposite skies seemed to meet, it was pretty.



When we got home, there was a bit of a mess....

several limbs of our tree were ripped from it....





our entire house was covered in leaves.....





as well as the tragic death of the froggy pool when a limb fell on it's head....






and a bit of a mess to clean up! But all in all, not alot of damage! We were without power for a while though.






but when we drove around we saw lots of other damage around town....











I'm really glad we had taken Starla to Duncan earlier anyways, since she would have been very hard to entertain in a house without electricity!

So we didn't have power all night, until about 11am the next day! Roman read and I studied astronomy by candlelight....





Roman & I went to a Bright Night of Harry Potter sleepover at the omniplex museum friday night. It was so much fun!



Roman made a memory bottle, a dream pillow, and played quidditch (wizard sport!). WE played in the museum, watched the planetarium show, and they bused us down the street to the movie theater to see the new Harry Potter movie! Which I had no idea they were going to do, the advertisement, and even the confirmation stuff they sent us in the mail only said the night included an omnidome movie, not that they were taking us to the theater to watch Harry Potter! The movie wasn't until 10:30, so we didn't even get back to the omniplex until after 1am. At that point they were going to start showing all the Harry Potter movies in the auditorium all night long, for those that wanted to stay up all night. Roman had been falling asleep at the movie, so I said we needed to just go to bed.


We walked all around the omniplex before deciding where we wanted to sleep(we could sleep anywhere we wanted on the 1st floor!). We wanted a dark, and quiet place, but were having a hard time finding one! Finally we settled on the weather room, because we could close the doors to it!





Roman crawled into a little cubbyhole in the wall and slept! They came and turned out all the lights a little after 2am and we went to sleep, and then came in and turned them all on at 6:30am! We were a bit tired....





Roman had a hard time waking up..... but eventually he did. We had donughts and milk for breakfast and then played in the museum for another hour before heading home!



Now I'm tired!!

1 comment:

Kdunn said...

When I was much younger and in GirlScouts we had a lock-in at the Omniplex and our troop stayed in the weather room. I remember having so much fun doing that! Sounds like ya'll had a great time.