CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, February 24, 2012

Mardi Gras Dinner Party

I love social get togethers, especially themed dinner parties. Alan's not the biggest fan of social events, but is humoring me by letting me host a monthly dinner party group (although he keeps trying to get me to make it every 6 to 8 weeks rather than once a month....lol, I tell him he will survive being social once a month). We have to keep it small though, and only have a few people. I wanted to make sure I picked people that I really don't get to see very often, that way I could be sure to see them at least once a month. So we got it down to a few people to be involved, and it will pretty much stay the same for each month. So in January we had a wine & cheese & chocolate night, and this month we had a Mardi Gras dinner party. It's a potluck dinner party, and everyone brings something. We had so much yummy New Orleans & Cajun inspired food and drinks; red beans & rice, chicken & sausage gumbo, citrus marinated shrimp, seafood jumbalaya, crab cakes, corn & boudin salad, a king cake, blueberry passionfruit margaritas, banana passionfruit margaritas, hurricanes and wine. We wore masks and had a great time! Next month is a Irish themed meal! :)



































































No comments: