CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, February 1, 2010

Music in motion

Yesterday we went to our Chill-harmonic show

I love music and the arts, and I am so excited that the philharmonic have the family discovery series. This is the second season that we have been attending, and I love it. Each show is only $12, or you can buy a season ticket to all 3 shows of the season for $18, which is what we do. How can you beat that?! I love that the kids get to experience an orchestra and the music, along with the different types of dance and types of music. I love all of the activities they set up each time.

From 1pm-2pm they have activities for the kids, and then the show is from 2pm-3pm.

This show was called Music In Motion, and it had lots to do with dancing. Right when we walked in they had some people playing some bongo type drums and an area set up for dancing. Starla jumped right in and went at it, I bet she spent 20 minutes there, it was all I could do to pull her away to check out the rest of the stuff! You will see this in the video at the end of this blog. I am so excited about putting her into Kinder music next month, and then later into full on dance class in august, she is going to LOVE it.







The boys watch the science demonstration about sound and motion from the omniplex guys






They always have an art project set up, this time it was a 3D collage, which was lots of fun!













Starla loves Phil the penguin!





The kids playing with different musical intruments at the "instrument playground" that they have set up at each of the shows. You can try to play just about everything the orchestra has to offer, it is so much fun!








The philharmonic always does such a great job during these shows.








the dances and costumes during the show were amazing! They had many differnt types of dances and music going on during this show!





Starla called these girls "pretty princesses", the had come out and done an irish jig during the show



1 comment:

Miss Theresa said...

I absolutely LOVE Bourbon's dress shirt! LOL
Starla is quite the dancer, and my word! her hair is getting so long... a Little Rapunzel, she's becoming!
Roman amazes me with his many and varied hair styles. He's always sooooo adorable! Watch out, girls!

I'm so glad that you continue this with the kids. This is one of the BEST programs of the arts for kiddos (well, us older folk, too).

All the 3rd graders at Norman Public Schools went to see the operetta Hansel and Gretel this week at the Nancy O'Brien Performing Arts Center. It was so very good, too. I saw it twice! Kids can never get to much education in Art.

And YOU will be a wonderful and inspiring teacher, too.