Starla has been watching this one, the disney one, for probably about six months now. She calls it the "cartoon" Alice.

But this was the first wonderland for Starla. She's been watching this one about a year now I guess. It was only after she watched Abby in wonderland that I could get her to even agree to watch Disney's Alice in wonderland movie. It was much longer, and didn't have puppets. :)

This one was my favorite when I was a kid, it is a 2-part Alice in Wonderland and Through the Looking Glass, 2 movies, that came out in 1985. It has Sammy Davis Junior as the caterpillar! I decided Starla must see it and bought it for her for Christmas. We now watch at least part of it every day. When asking for it, Starla says she wants to watch the "real" Alice in wonderland, meaning they are real people playing the characters.

I knew we had this one (as well as the last one I posted) on VHS so I found it and pulled it out, and made Alan hook up the VCR that hasn't been used in eons. This one was made in 1999 and has Whoopi Goldberg as the Chesire cat, and Martin Short as the mad hatter, plus lots more great stars. When Starla refers to it, she calls it the "new" Alice in wonderland, since it is the latest one she has seen. :)

Starla recently watched this and we have it set up to record onto our DVR on monday as well. She loves Mickey Mouse.
.jpg)
we broke out all of our old VHS tapes and we found this one as well. Care Bears in wonderland from when I was a kid! Starla thought this was pretty funny. Could anyone end up in wonderland?!

And I am anxiously awaiting Tim Burton's new Alice in Wonderland movie, out in March. It looks a bit creepy, so I'm not sure it will be good for Starla, but it will be perfect for me! :)

So now I have grand schemes in my head of a family themed halloween, where we can all dress up as a character from Alice in wonderland (I tried to talk them into this with the Wizard of Oz and Peter Pan as well, but no one ever goes along with me, sigh) and of a Mad Hatter tea party for Starla's birthday.......but I'm not sure she will go along with me with that either. She insists that she is going to have a halloween party for her 4th birthday, with a pumpkin cake. Lol, she doesn't understand that her birthday is in September not october. :)

1 comment:
too fun...I alsways loved the movies too!
Post a Comment