CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Tuesday, January 5, 2010

say hello to my little friend

Our neighbor's teenage son found this puppy in the snow next to a gas station and picked her up and took her home. They couldn't keep her, but didn't want to take her to the pound, so Trina, the mom called me and asked if we wanted a puppy or knew anyone who wanted a puppy. I told her I had to talk to Alan and see, and she said "Oh, I'll just bring it over so you can see it!" She's no fool, she knew we couldn't say no to this cute little face......






The boys of course instantly fell in love with her, begging and pleading with Daddy to keep her. It took quite a bit of convincing (and lots of tears and sobbing from Roman), but Alan finally gave in, although he wasn't thrilled about it. :)











Starla was quite intently coloring in a coloring book when the puppy came over, and couldn't pull her attention away from coloring longer than it took to look at it. Then, when the puppy came over to her and interuppted her coloring, Starla got quite upset and said "I don't want her by me!!!!" and kept pushing her away, lol. I really thought she would be excited about a puppy!






Starla warmed up to her slightly, insisting that the puppy wanted to sit on her lap and watch Dora with her, but it only lasted a few minutes. Overall, Starla doesn't seem at that impressed with the puppy.





She looks like a pretty young puppy, she isn't veru coordinated and falls over a lot, she also didn't seem to know what to do with the food I put in front of her rght away, it took her a while to chomp up just one little morsel of the puppy chow we put in front of her.

She also falls alseep like every 20 minutes, and she sleeps so hard that you can pick her up and move her around and she just stays asleep, it's so cute.





Although Alan wasn't thrilled about the idea, when he came home from work in the evening, he laid on the floor and played with her, and I'm quite certain he likes her more than anyone else does. :)












He had initially named her Princess Leia, but then when he came back home from work he decided he wanted it to be Bonita the bone eater instead, lol. We already have a puppy cage and he brought home the puppy chow and puppy training pads from when he went to work this evening. I have a feeling she is going to howl and whine all evening though once I put her to bed and leave her. We shall see very soon.....

No comments: