CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Thursday, January 21, 2010

Pancakes, Volleyball & sock monkeys

Today was Pancakes & Pj's day at Starla's school.




I volunteered to help, it was fun. There were about 9 or 10 of us moms there I guess. Every single one of them were miltary wives, so I was out of my element, couldn't relate to most of their conversations! One of the moms brought her mother and sister-in-law to help, and they were all from Venzuela, they joined me at the griddle. They would go back and forth in conversation between english and spanish, it was pretty interesting to hear the mixed conversation!


I was part of the pancake making crew. This pic was actually after the hundred or so pancakes were made, this was when I had to go back and make special pancakes for a kid who had allergies and his mom sent his own pancake batter. :)





We were a good team, me and the ladies from venezuela! The woman on the left was the "oil lady", she wiped down the griddle with an oiled cloth between each set of pancakes, I was the "batter lady", I held the giant bowl of batter and poured all the pancakes out onto the griddle (notice I am the only one wearing batter all over my apron, lol), Fatina to my right was the "flipper lady", she flipped all of the pancakes, and her mother-in-law on her right was the "pan lady" who took all of the pancakes in a pan from the griddle to the larger tray of pancakes on the counter. We made over one hundred pancakes in like an hour and a half. We rock. :)



Time to eat!













after lunch is nap time! (although leaving her there just to take a nap and then come pick her up after nap time felt a lot like a glorified babysitting service rather than "school", lol)





Bourbon's 1st volleyball game of the season was this afternoon. He was the only one without a jersey, since they gave them out tuesday afternoon at practice and we missed it because the kids had haircut appointments (yet why he couldn't get one wednesday at practice, or today before the game is beyond me). He was the only one with out a jersey for the first game last year too, but that time was because he forgot it. :)

Here is his volleyball schedule for those close enough to us that might want to come see a game. All games start at 4pm.

Jan 26th @ Traub
Jan 28th @ Traub
Feb 2 @ Ridgecrest
Feb 4th @ Country Estates
Feb 9th @ Traub
Feb 16th @ Schwartz
Feb 18th @ Traub








They played best 2 out of 3, we won 1 they won 2. Darn.


I made this little guy tonight, isn't he cute?! I love making sock monkeys, it just makes me smile. This one will be given to my friend Kristal's new foster child. I have 2 more to make in the near future, one for Bourbon's new sister who should be born any day now, and one for my friend Becca's baby shower in a couple of weeks.

No comments: