CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, January 11, 2010

Hobby House Hill

Hobby House Hill. The very best weekend retreat you will ever find. I am so lucky to get to go every 6 months thanks to my wonderful husband and my family who keeps the kiddos! This is how I keep my sanity. :)






This is the side of the house, the "loading dock" if you will. We pull our cars up here, grab a cart and load all of our stuff onto it. Then you either go to the cabin which is just inside those doors, it is a converted garage attached to the house. It holds 11 people. Or you go around back and head to the Barn, which is where we always book. It holds 15 people.



Normally check-in is at 10am friday morning, but recently they started where you can pay a little extra and come thursday after 4pm, but dinner isn't included that night. So Jamie & decided to go down on Thursday this time, and it was amazing to have that extra time!! Usually I get into super scrapbook mode and churn out like 40-60 pages each time, but this time I was more relaxed and easy paced. I think its because before this was the ONLY time I could scapbook and I wanted to get as much done as possible, but now that I get a little break from school and work, I know I have time to work on it at home. So this time I worked on my altered book, and organized and spent like 5+ hours cutting things out on the cricut! A woman who joined us in the barn owned every single cricut cartdrige made, and gave us free reign to use them. So all of use ladies were taking advantage of it and cutting everything we wanted! It was awesome.

You can work on whatever you want there. Jamie's step-mom made jewelry, another woman in the cabin painted, my aunt has knitted and crocheted while there, people make cards, whatever suits your fancy.

A weekend of fun times with friends, chick flicks,crafts, yummy food made and cleaned up by someone else, what more could a girl ask for?!


Aren't I pretty, no make-up, hair not fixed and in my PJ's?! :)







Becca and Bridgett enjoying dinner!






Kristal hard at work






enjoying a mojito





The hot tub, needless to say we didn't take a dip during the weekend...... :)






The pool. Yes that's ice, almost ready for ice skating..... lol





The livingroom in the house






This is the 24 hour dessert bar. We get one kind of treat at lunch, and 2 desserts at dinner. Yum. :)





The view from the back doors of the house. That's the barn there on the right, and the little cottage on the left is Cindy & her husband's "house".






Jamie scrappin' away






Everyone working hard in the Barn!






Cindy serving up dinner. She is the owner, and she is amazing. She makes the best food, and spoils us rotten during our stay. She usually has her side-kick Sandy there for the weekend helping out, but Sandy was out with the flu, so Cindy had to work double-time this weekend.






Kristal enjoying her meal







The food there is always amazing. This was just one of the many yummy meals we had there. It was brisket, grandmas green beans, salad and loaded baked potatoes. We had our choice of Black forest trifle or rum cake for dessert. Of course I can't ever decide, so I just have them both. :)






The whole gang.



Our group is called A Barn Divided. Each group that comes through HHH gives themselves a group name and creates a scapbook page for their stay. We became A Barn Divided because we are always in the barn, and the first time half of us were Okies and half of us were Texans, so we did an OU vs Longhorns page. The next time we were split into 4 different sports groups, the third time we decided to do a Night Owls Vs Early birds page, the 4th was a Milk chocolate vs Dark Chocolate page, and this time we did Winter vs Summer. This was my 6th visit, but the first time I went with a different group (We were The Red River Croppies), and then decided to become a leader and bring my own groups each time.

Our group page. Our group pic will go in the middle and then Cindy will add it to her HHH Guest scrapbook. :)






Me & Kristal







My messy workspace







Anne






Terri





Lynn & Ellen







Me & Jamie






Jamie and her step-mom Celeste




Ah, I love that place. We are heading back the 3rd weekend in July if anyone wants to join us! You know you want to!! :)

1 comment:

tmichale said...

I love it! You rock, Tonya! Hope you have a great time! We're headed to Durango for a family vacation next week. Be sure to have an extra piece of cake for me! :0) Terri