Wednesday is Nanny's birthday, so Sunday we went with her & Papa, and Aunt Theresa & Nic-Nic to bricktown to celebrate. We had lunch at Toby Keiths, and then went for a ride on the canal. It was lots of fun!
I stocked up on new crayons with all the back to school sales, and Starla broke into 2 of the packs and dumped them all out, and then started sorting them before I caught her!
I started school on monday, and went from 8a-5pm yesterday & today and go from 9a-12:30pm tomorrow, and then I report at my student teaching position on monday! I am so excited!!
Tonight was meet your teacher night at Traub, so we went up there after I got home from school. They start school on thursday!
This is Roman's new 3rd grade teacher, Mrs. Olliver. He took the ACE (gifted) test at the end of the year last year and they told us today that he passed it with one of the highest scores, so he is excited to be joining Bourbon in the ACE program. Bourbon got a 98% on the test (you have to have 95% to get in) so I am curious to find out what Roman got when we get his actual scores back!
This is Bourbon's new 5th grade teacher, Ms. Kilmer. She was also his flag football coach last year, so he already knows her well!
In my classes today, we had 2 lawyers come in and talk to us all about what we need to do to make sure we never lose a lawsuit. They say getting sued is inevitable, but losing is preventable! Anyways, they both, among others, said to make sure all online profiles are private and that you keep yourself protected from parents and students finding stuff of yours online. So with that in mind, sometime in the next month or so I will be making my blogs all private, and you have to join blogspot, and request to follow my blog. I didn't choose this in the first place because I didn't want to deter those that might not be technologically savy from checking the blog. But I think as I approach graduation, I need to make sure this is all done before I even apply for a job. So I encourage you, if you follow the blog, to play around with the site and learn how to join and how to follow the blog, so that way when I go to private you will already be set up and won't lose access to it!

No comments:
Post a Comment