Tuesday, June 30, 2009
So today I went to the Dr to figure out what happens next with my medical stuff. The abnormal cells in my cervix are severe, the highest level without actually being cancer, so we have to remove them as soon as we can. The Dr gave me 3 options; hysterectomy so I don't have to ever worry about it again, the laser cone surgery like last time except a much more agressive and larger cone which in essence will amputate my cervix (i.e. no possible way to have more kids), or a partial cone surgery removing all the cells but leaving as much as the cervix behind so that I have a possibility of having another kid, however he would have to permanently seal my cervix when it came time to have a child to ensure it would hold the baby, and I would have to have a c-section. So I came home and discussed it with Alan and we decided to do the partial, since neither of us are completely ready to say we absolutley without a doubt, don't want to have another child. This is a temporary fix though, as long as I have a cervix the possibility of it coming back remains. It has been 5 years this time, so it may be another 5 years before it does, or it may not be at all. But the possibility remains. So in the end, I may end up having my cervix removed or having a hysterectomy at some point, but this buys us some time to decide if we want another kid or not. I haven't scheduled it yet, but I will call and schedule it at some point today, but I have no idea when it will be just yet. He said as soon as possible, but in Dr speak that could be months, lol. So that's that.
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)

No comments:
Post a Comment