CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Friday, September 16, 2011

La dee di la dee dah...life goes on....

Life is moving on at rapid speed as always. How silly of me to think that if we homeschooled, our life would slow down some. Pshhh.

:)

But that's ok. I'm trying to spend more quality time with the kids, and be present in the moment, instead of a million miles away in my head like I always seem to be; planning, running through to-do lists, etc. It's still a work in progress, but at least I an trying.








































I still love homsechool, but I think the boys are missing their friends. We are still learning our rhythm and trying to find what works best for us, lots of trial and error, lots of trying new things. But we are having fun, and I think that's important. And of course they are learning too. :)







excavating rocks and minerals!















































And Starla & Roman started acting classes at Poteet Theater and are very excited about it.....




Now we gotta find something for Bourbon to be involved in. The science museum only takes teen volunteers in the summer, we thought he could do it in the fall. He wants to volunteer at an animal shelter, he loves animals, but in order to do that I have to volunteer with him, and just not sure how that would work with the other 2 kiddos. He is really interested in comuter programming, and I have a friend whose husband is in that field and I asked him if he would be interested in mentoring Bourbon, spending some time with him and showing him some things and he said yes, so maybe we can get that set up soon, so at least Bourbon has some kind of activity.

No comments: