CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Monday, September 26, 2011

Bourbon's Birthday

13 years old?!?! How did that happen?! How did this cute, chuibby cheeked curly-headed cherub of a baby turn into a teenager so quickly?!?!?






Sigh.












Gotta have birthday donuts!





















We went to Pops for his birthday lunch.....
































The evening was the monthly birthday party at the citry rescue mission. It had taken a lot of prep work to get everything to come together, but I got someone to donate pizzas, cakes, presents, and a magician to donate his time, and we went in with several friends and helped decorate and serve and it was lots of fun. There were probably about 100 parents & kids total, 3 birthday kids from the shelter, and then we also sang happy birthday to bourbon as well. :) I'm not sure the kids really "got" it, about what we were doing, about what kind of lives the kids there had, or what kind of impact we were making, but I am so glad we did it, and I hope we get to participate again.
























No comments: