CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, January 15, 2011

So far behind....

Yes, I am SUPER far behind on blogging! I was going to make a new years post, but then my laptop crashed last week and we are still waiting to get it back (thankfully Alan's cousin Renee had the stuff at work to pop in my hard drive and copy all of my files so i didn't lose them all! And then when we get it back from them I have to give it to my friend Lori's husband to wipe it all clean and re-install all of my softaware and programs, ah the joy of viruses) I do have a few pics from new years that I had uploaded to Facebook, so I might get get around to still posting a new years post later today. Maybe. :)

I am borrowing my mom's laptop right now, since our home computer hasn't worked right in about 6 months and we are now without my laptop. My mom's christmas gift was a new computer, but I didn't think we needed a brand new one, we just need ours to work, so she gave us the money to fix it, we just need to get around to getting it done. I'm going to buy a scanner in the process as well, which I have wanted for a while now.

We've been busy as always though, I hadn't been able to find much spare time to get on here and try to post a blog! Roman started volleyball practice last week, and next week his games start, so every tuesday & thursday afternoon after school he will have games. I got the boys into a counselor on Wed. this week, so they will be going every Wed. Which makes Wed. a crazy busy day. Roman gets out of Volleyball practice at 4:45 so we pick him up, let him eat in the car on the way to the counselor (which is a christian counseling service recommended by our church that is literally across the street from our church) so then he gets to go talk to the therapist for 45 mins first while Starla, Bourbon & I get to eat our dinner in the waiting room. Then when Roman gets out Bourbon goes in and I run Roman across the street to Konnect at church (his youth group) which starts at 6:30, then come back to get Bourbon and take him to Switch (his youth group) at 7pm. Then this week I put Starla in the childcare at the church while I ran back to the therapist and talked to her for about 30 mins just to give her background info on the boys and what we wanted to work on in therapy. Then I got to go back over to the church at about 7:45 and wait until the kids get out of their groups at 8:30. Sheesh. Then by the time we get home it is time for bed. But it just makes sense to have it on Wed. since they go to church right after. So it will just be a crazy day for us.

I also am enrolling the boys in the Big Brothers/Big Sisters of oklahoma program, we go for our interview on Feb 7th. I think that they would really enjoy having a big brother who they get to hang out with once a week. Both of them have been getting really bad attitude problems and being so angry and disrespectful, I just want them to have some good role models outside of our own family, and hopefully they will benefit from this kind of mentoring relationship. We shall see.

I started Weight watchers this week, and I think I am going to start blogging about my weight loss journey in the process. Maybe each week I will blog about how I did, and the things I am doing, etc. I think this will help me stay accountable. I'm doing really well this week, but I will tell you all about it in my week 1 post on monday. :)

Alan's work told him that his management position won't be available until March at the earliest, and he's not sure it will even happen then. And since he let his pull up person go last month, he is now back to working all the time again. In the process, since his work told him they would make him a manager at the first of the year and that he would have different insurance, he didn't renew our insurance (the insurance we did have was being cancelled and the company was replacing it with some different insurance due to some changes). So now we are without insurance. He complained to his boss about it, saying it was their fault since he was under the impression he would have the manager insurance and now they didn't come through, and they said they might be able to get it worked out where he can still get the regular insurance even though the enrollment period is over. Let's hope so, because Alan's medication that he is supposed to be on is like over $500 a month. But he still has to find a Dr. who will even prescribe his medication, since he only got the 30 day supply of it from the hopsital back in Nov. when he was there. Which means he is no longer on any medication, which isn't good for him. So hopefully the insurance will come through, Alan will be able to find a Dr. and get his medicine and all will be good.

I'm so sad that my dreams of making it to disney world & the wizarding world of harry potter this year are slipping away if Alan doesn't make it into mangement. :( Which I know in the grand scheme of things is silly and doesn't matter, but I just really really really want to go and take the kids and have a magical fun filled vacation that they will remember forever. We've had a pretty tough year, and we could all use a little magic. Starla said "I have a great idea! Why don't I save all my money in my piggybank and I will give it to you & daddy so we can go to disneyworld" :) Ah.... she's so sweet. I am the forever optimistic person, so I'm not giving up yet. Alan might just make it ito management in March, and sell his route and make enough so we can go. That's my prayer, and I'm sticking to it. :)

I'm going to try to get updated on my posts this weekend. in theory we get my laptop and files back this weekend and I will have all my pics so I can do it. :)

No comments: