CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOG LAYOUTS, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Saturday, September 19, 2009

Life as we know it

I bought Starla a pillowcase dress so that I could learn how to make them. Just by looking at hers, I attempted to make my first one as a gift for my friends 1 year old daughter for her birthday. Here it is, with a cute little matching purse! They are soo cute, and can be made with any type of fabric! So I think all the girls that I know are getting them for christmas this year! :)






The boys are both in the ACE gifted program at their school this year. Last year they were bused every friday to a different school to do a whole day of the program. Now this year they moved it to the school, but they still just spend one whole day there. They are also going to have once a month family fun nights. The first one was the night I had to do the McTeacher night fundraiser at my school, so I didn't get to go. Alan took the kids up there. They did various little games and activites and seemed to have a good time!

















The boys have recently made even more friends in the neighborhood, so we always have this gang of boys outside the house these days! I'm a bit overprotective, so I don't hardly let the boys go anywhere but on our street, so everyone has to just come to our house to play with the boys.








Roman and Starla both are into skateboarding these days, lol. Roman had gotten himself a bigger skateboard some time back, and decided Starla could have his little one. She thinks she can do it by herself. We have to watch her and tell her she can't do it without our help!


















Sunday after church we took Starla to chuck-e-cheeses for her birthday.



















Starla is obsessed with coloring these days.






We've been part of a program called Parents as Teachers for like the last year and a half, we meet with our woman, Rae, once a month to track Starla's developmental progress, and she either brings fun activities for Starla to do at our house if we do a home meeting, or we go to their center and she plays with all of their stuff. We can check out all the toys and books we want, and keep them as long as we want as well. We had a shopping cart and dollhouse with all the parts for like 6 months before we turned it back in, lol. Anyways, it only goes to age 3, so now we just had our final meeting with Rae this week, and enrolled Starla into their sister program called "Ready for Kindergarten" which does similar stuff. Rae left us this backpack this time though, with some books, and 2 tubs of counters; one set are people and one set are bears. You can sort them by color, or size, or for the people by gender as well. They come with little cards to see if she can match the right ones together and then finish the pattern. She wants to play with them everyday, so we do, and she is so amazingly good at it.













Tiger Safari came to the school to do a show. I got to hold the snake for like 10 minutes while the lady talked about him. The 4th graders at the assembly thought that I was the coolest thing ever. :)





These are some kids in my class that are doing the batteries & bulbs lesson I taught. They had a blast.

No comments: