Here we go....
two weekends ago Roman has his "Circle the State with Song" Choir performance....


that weekend we took a couple of different walks with the dogs, including snowball in Starla's grocery cart....





The monday before spring break Bourbon's choir had a "winter" performance..... (if & when I ever get a fully functioning computer again, I wull upload the video as well. I'm so tired of having virus-ridden computers! My laptop has been out of commission for months, due to a windows virus, being passed from person to person who thinks they can fix it. Our home computer has so many virus's on it half of the programs, including all video and flash players, don't work. My brother is supposed to come over and wipe it clean and reset it all up for me, but I have no idea when that will actually happen, sigh)
hee hee, while watching the biggest loser (which is a 2 hour show!) each week I've been trying to work out, this particular day I was sitting on my stability ball, working my arms with weights (Roman & Bourbon kept doing it too, and then Bourbon went outside and ran up & down our front porch stairs and then jogged to the end of the street and back, and then Roman had to go do that too....lol, the show is inspiring all of us to work out!) and Starla said "Hey, I can do that too!" and went into her room and got one of her big balls and picked up the smaller set of weights and worked out right along side me....
the tuesday before spring break was western day at school for Starla & I...
the thursday before spring break was the member preview night of the return of the elephants at the zoo, which of course we were SUPER excited about....
I spent the majority of my spring break cleaning, organizing, getting Starla's toys & clothes tagged and bagged for the JBF consignment sale, making sock monkeys (I had 2 orders of 4 monkeys!) So we didn't really get to do anything fun or exciting.
the 4 Starla's teacher ordered for the girls in her daughter's dance competition....

the 4 my cousin from Calvin, Oklahoma ordered that I had to mail her way...
monday evening we went over to my brother's house for a little birthday bbq for him....
tuesday we went to the gym, to the post office, to the library, and then got to play at the park for just a bit before heading back home for JBF stuff to be done...
this picture cracks me up, one high up in the tree, one hiding below the wall and one right in the middle...
This is Starla's friend Persephone from dance class. Her momma invited us over for a girls night tuesday night. We had pizza (and us mommas sampled some import beers!) and brownies and took a dip in the hot tub....
Starla was scared of the "bubbles" when she first got in, check out her face......
Wednesday my parents came back from the lake to take another load there, and the kids went back with them for a few days. On the way there, they hadn't even gotten there yet, Starla started crying that she wanted to come home!!! But once they got there, she was fine, and they didn't come home until Saturday afternoon. At least they got to do SOMETHING for spring break and have some fun, so I didn't feel so bad. :)
I spent the entire time they were gone working, working, working. My parents had given us some furniture, which meant I had to spend time cleaning it, moving stuff around to make it fit, and putting everything back into place. This took me an entire day, and things STILL aren't really all put away, lol.
One of the things was a china hutch that we got from Japan when we lived there when I was 5. It is beautiful wood and has carvings of japanese scenes, and has glass doors that open. I remember as a kid every saturday was "cleaning" day, and my parents would put on country music and we would all clean house. I would spend hours dusting and putting old english on this hutch as well as all the other matching furniture, so it brought back such memories as I sat in my own living room some 20 odd years later, with my old english, polishing this same peice of furniture. :) They had given us the wall unit a few years ago that goes with the set, but we don't have room for it, so it is in storage. My brother Nate got the matching coffee table and 2 ends tables, and my brother Mark got the matching lamps.
Friday I dropped all my stuff off at JBF which is a long drawn out process as they inspect every single piece of clothing (of which I always bring TONS) for stains, holes, tears, etc. before allowing them to pass inspection.
Sunday I got to shop the pre-sale, and got all of Starla's summer wardrobe and a few toys at ridiculously cheap prices. I love that place.
I volunteered today from 10-2pm. When you consign, you make 65% of your profits and get to shop the presale, but if you volunteer a 4 hour shift you get 70% and get to shop 2 hours earlier. So it makes it all worth it in the end.
Just at the pre-sale I sold $68 worth, but today's sales haven't been updated yet. I do know I sold Starla's toddler bed for $40 today, because they came through my line with it when I was scanning at a register. :)And the sale is all week long. Last time I made $350 selling all of Starla's old toys & clothes (and a few of the boys stuff too) and only spent $200 replacing her entire wardrobe with the next size up. We'll see if I do that well this time....
We have been busy busy busy.

No comments:
Post a Comment